Saint life grand
EVERYONE knows what next Monday is, don t they? Of course not, well, it s St George s Day, England s saint s day, even though we don t celebrate it much. Should you want to have a bit of a celebration the Soham Over-60s Club is having a lunch and enterta
EVERYONE knows what next Monday is, don't they? Of course not, well, it's St George's Day, England's saint's day, even though we don't celebrate it much.
Should you want to have a bit of a celebration the Soham Over-60s Club is having a lunch and entertainment at The Pavilion on Monday, from noon to 4.30pm.
The meal of traditional British fare, including wine, will set you back £10 (or £3 if you are an Over-60s member) and you're sure to enjoy it.
Contact Peggy on 01353 723491.
You may also want to watch:
Unfortunately, there is a date clash on Monday. As well as the St George's Day meal, there is another event at the Viva Centre on Churchgate Street at the same time (noon till 2.30pm). Age Concern (why can't they call themselves Maturity Concern or Experience Concern?) will be there to fill people in on their rights to the benefits that they are entitled to.
There will also be advice on how to claim (and how to fill in those deliberately confusing forms, no doubt).
- 1 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 2 Eight page enforcement notice wrapped round giant cuppa
- 3 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside
- 4 Caught on camera: milk thieves strike in the city
- 5 Ely Museum team member retires after 16 years' service
- 6 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 7 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 8 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in
- 9 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 10 'Every number is a lost life' - Worst Covid affected care homes in Cambs
You can find out about benefits from the Cambridgeshire County Council Village Benefits Advice Service on 01353 666990.
Oh look, the highly-paid beaurocrats at Shire Hall still think that Soham is a village. Best not tell them what we think Cambridge is!