Saint life grand
EVERYONE knows what next Monday is, don t they? Of course not, well, it s St George s Day, England s saint s day, even though we don t celebrate it much. Should you want to have a bit of a celebration the Soham Over-60s Club is having a lunch and enterta
EVERYONE knows what next Monday is, don't they? Of course not, well, it's St George's Day, England's saint's day, even though we don't celebrate it much.
Should you want to have a bit of a celebration the Soham Over-60s Club is having a lunch and entertainment at The Pavilion on Monday, from noon to 4.30pm.
The meal of traditional British fare, including wine, will set you back £10 (or £3 if you are an Over-60s member) and you're sure to enjoy it.
Contact Peggy on 01353 723491.
Unfortunately, there is a date clash on Monday. As well as the St George's Day meal, there is another event at the Viva Centre on Churchgate Street at the same time (noon till 2.30pm). Age Concern (why can't they call themselves Maturity Concern or Experience Concern?) will be there to fill people in on their rights to the benefits that they are entitled to.
There will also be advice on how to claim (and how to fill in those deliberately confusing forms, no doubt).
- 1 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 2 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 3 A10 dualling facing new challenges
- 4 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 5 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 6 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 7 New cycling and walking routes strategy approved by council
- 8 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 9 Princess Eugenie comes to town in bid to tackle modern slavery
- 10 OPINION: Soham Station fiasco about to come to a conclusion, or is it?
You can find out about benefits from the Cambridgeshire County Council Village Benefits Advice Service on 01353 666990.
Oh look, the highly-paid beaurocrats at Shire Hall still think that Soham is a village. Best not tell them what we think Cambridge is!