Saint life grand
EVERYONE knows what next Monday is, don t they? Of course not, well, it s St George s Day, England s saint s day, even though we don t celebrate it much. Should you want to have a bit of a celebration the Soham Over-60s Club is having a lunch and enterta
EVERYONE knows what next Monday is, don't they? Of course not, well, it's St George's Day, England's saint's day, even though we don't celebrate it much.
Should you want to have a bit of a celebration the Soham Over-60s Club is having a lunch and entertainment at The Pavilion on Monday, from noon to 4.30pm.
The meal of traditional British fare, including wine, will set you back £10 (or £3 if you are an Over-60s member) and you're sure to enjoy it.
Contact Peggy on 01353 723491.
You may also want to watch:
Unfortunately, there is a date clash on Monday. As well as the St George's Day meal, there is another event at the Viva Centre on Churchgate Street at the same time (noon till 2.30pm). Age Concern (why can't they call themselves Maturity Concern or Experience Concern?) will be there to fill people in on their rights to the benefits that they are entitled to.
There will also be advice on how to claim (and how to fill in those deliberately confusing forms, no doubt).
- 1 Restaurant launches bright pink ‘selfie areas’ ahead of reopening
- 2 Residents ‘left without a voice’ over anti-social car park behaviour
- 3 Dispersal order to tackle aggressive begging, street drinking and thefts
- 4 Throwback to places and faces of Ely's past
- 5 Jail for man caught carrying meat cleaver in public after missing tools argument
- 6 Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 7 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 8 Boat club president inspires students days after race
- 9 Freemasons make cash donation to support hospital cancer patients
- 10 Sheep saved after taking short-cut on busy rail line
You can find out about benefits from the Cambridgeshire County Council Village Benefits Advice Service on 01353 666990.
Oh look, the highly-paid beaurocrats at Shire Hall still think that Soham is a village. Best not tell them what we think Cambridge is!