Roswell pits is a dumping ground
AT last! Jeremy Tyrrell has revealed his plans for Roswell Pits – it s his rubbish dump! We have all grown familiar with the rusty hulks, trailers, pipes etc littering the water s edge since Mr Tyrrell began removing trees areas of habitat. Recently, they
AT last! Jeremy Tyrrell has revealed his plans for Roswell Pits - it's his rubbish dump!
We have all grown familiar with the rusty hulks, trailers, pipes etc littering the water's edge since Mr Tyrrell began removing trees areas of habitat. Recently, they have been joined by a floating raft full of branches and large piles of, presumably, diseased tree trunks and branches gained during yet more tree felling from Ely Marina, which is also becoming littered with rusty boats.
Even Ely Common has not escaped. The meadowland has been cut frequently during the latter end of the summer, destroying large areas of cover previously used by many birds and small mammals, resulting in the very noticeable disappearance of kestrels. If the cutting continues into the spring and early summer, the abundant grasses and wild flowers will not appear, together with thousands of butterflies, moths, dragon flies and many other species of insect.
Surely something can be done to stop further decimation of our only remaining wildlife haven?
You may also want to watch:
RITA AND DAVID BURCH
- 1 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 2 Hundreds sign petition in support of pub's cup of positivi-tea
- 3 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 4 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 5 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 6 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 7 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 8 10-year-old's sponsored hair cut for Little Princess Trust
- 9 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 10 Handcuffed duo prepare to make London Marathon history