Roswell pits is a dumping ground
AT last! Jeremy Tyrrell has revealed his plans for Roswell Pits – it s his rubbish dump! We have all grown familiar with the rusty hulks, trailers, pipes etc littering the water s edge since Mr Tyrrell began removing trees areas of habitat. Recently, they
AT last! Jeremy Tyrrell has revealed his plans for Roswell Pits - it's his rubbish dump!
We have all grown familiar with the rusty hulks, trailers, pipes etc littering the water's edge since Mr Tyrrell began removing trees areas of habitat. Recently, they have been joined by a floating raft full of branches and large piles of, presumably, diseased tree trunks and branches gained during yet more tree felling from Ely Marina, which is also becoming littered with rusty boats.
Even Ely Common has not escaped. The meadowland has been cut frequently during the latter end of the summer, destroying large areas of cover previously used by many birds and small mammals, resulting in the very noticeable disappearance of kestrels. If the cutting continues into the spring and early summer, the abundant grasses and wild flowers will not appear, together with thousands of butterflies, moths, dragon flies and many other species of insect.
Surely something can be done to stop further decimation of our only remaining wildlife haven?
RITA AND DAVID BURCH
- 1 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 2 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 3 Village life, magistrate in court for failing to clear snow and forced landing
- 4 New shop already 'exceeded expectations' after strong opening day
- 5 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 6 Big Christmas lights switch-on arrives
- 7 Nuisance caller flouted court order day after prison release
- 8 Everything you need to know about Ely Cathedral's Christmas Gift & Food Fair 2021
- 9 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 10 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall