Retail park and hotel planned for Ely is a winner
IF the artist’s impression is anything to go by, the retail park and hotel is a winner for Ely.
It’s been along time coming. Ely badly needs a new hotel and all the other facilities such as a large DIY superstore, as most people now travel to Newmarket or Cambridge.
Ely traders have said this will be the death knell for the city centre but I think it will be the reverse, as more people will shop in Ely rather than go elsewhere to shop as they do now.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 2 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 3 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 4 Company ‘paralysed by Brexit’ forced to open warehouse in Holland
- 5 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 6 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 7 Burglar who was spared by judge stole from woman three days later
- 8 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 9 New youth centre could be built in Littleport
- 10 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini