Retail park and hotel planned for Ely is a winner
IF the artist’s impression is anything to go by, the retail park and hotel is a winner for Ely.
It’s been along time coming. Ely badly needs a new hotel and all the other facilities such as a large DIY superstore, as most people now travel to Newmarket or Cambridge.
Ely traders have said this will be the death knell for the city centre but I think it will be the reverse, as more people will shop in Ely rather than go elsewhere to shop as they do now.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 4 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 5 Fears for historic vicarage council fought to save
- 6 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 7 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 8 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered
- 9 COLUMN: 'Expansion' the future for Ely rowing club
- 10 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments