Retail park and hotel planned for Ely is a winner
IF the artist’s impression is anything to go by, the retail park and hotel is a winner for Ely.
It’s been along time coming. Ely badly needs a new hotel and all the other facilities such as a large DIY superstore, as most people now travel to Newmarket or Cambridge.
Ely traders have said this will be the death knell for the city centre but I think it will be the reverse, as more people will shop in Ely rather than go elsewhere to shop as they do now.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 2 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 3 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 4 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 5 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 6 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 7 Hundreds sign petition in support of pub's cup of positivi-tea
- 8 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 9 Post-Latitude covid has made me realise pandemic has a long way to go
- 10 10-year-old's sponsored hair cut for Little Princess Trust