Residents stuck in the middle
IN response to your article Estates Left With Broken Promises. I would like to respond on behalf of the Collier Close Neighbourhood Watch Scheme. I have spoken to Trevor Eagle at the council on several occasions and written several letters to David Wils
IN response to your article Estates Left With Broken Promises.
I would like to respond on behalf of the Collier Close Neighbourhood Watch Scheme.
I have spoken to Trevor Eagle at the council on several occasions and written several letters to David Wilson Homes, Ashwell Developments, Persimmon Homes and the local county councillor Simon Higginson regarding the various unfinished items on our development - Wakes Meadow - Collier Close, Ely.
The main issue being when the area will be adopted by the council. The council has said for a while they may need to take enforcement action, why don't they just get on with it, and stop talking about it?
You may also want to watch:
The various responses I have had seem to lead to the same conclusion - the council will do nothing as the area has not been formally adopted by them and the developers will do nothing as they are still waiting for the areas to be adopted.
So here we are stuck in the middle, getting nowhere and still paying the local council a huge amount each month in council tax, and for what? Services we do not yet have; roads incomplete, street lights that do not work, parks that have yet to be opened, and public open spaces to be completed.
- 1 100mph, 20-minute police pursuit ends with a crash – and later with jail
- 2 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 3 Jail for paedophile who booked hotel to abuse three children
- 4 Man drove round campsite 'like a rally driver' after argument
- 5 Villagers team up to honour 'a real character'
- 6 Christmas lights switch-on event cancelled over 'Covid uncertainty'
- 7 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 8 Bomb scare was a 'hoax' say police
- 9 Perfect end for captain Malvin after regional final glory
- 10 Boris offers MP Lucy Frazer new role in reshuffle
I have never known a council like it. Residents in Collier Close pay a small fortune in council tax each year, so why should we put up with this? We are about to write to the council requesting a rebate in our council tax until this is resolved.
It simply isn't good enough.
While the developers still hold responsibility, of course, the council do not have to maintain it and therefore they do not have any maintenance costs.
The council needs to stop talking around the issue and take action now.
On behalf of very disgruntled residents of Collier Close, Ely