Residential area being used by lorries as Ely truck stop
Kings Avenue is regularly being used as a through route by 40 tonne lorries.
The area is a residential housing estate. Lives are being put at risk. Furthermore, these lorries are now parking up overnight in Kings Avenue and causing traffic hazards
I have highlighted this problem for local residents to the Councillor for the ward, Ely District Council, Cambridgeshire County Council and the Highways Agency.
Nobody is interested and they all give the impression that Kings Avenue should be a major trunk road through Ely.
Heavy vehicles and residential properties do not mix. Why is Ely stuck in 1950’s planning laws? These comments are not solely intended for your letter page but there needs to be a major exposure of this developing problem.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 2 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 3 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 4 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 5 Mayor's ‘hop-on hop-off' public travel revolution
- 6 A141 closed after motorcycle crash
- 7 Author opens school’s new library
- 8 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 9 Village housing in disarray after all the trustees quit
- 10 Town considers home for market