Residential area being used by lorries as Ely truck stop
Kings Avenue is regularly being used as a through route by 40 tonne lorries.
The area is a residential housing estate. Lives are being put at risk. Furthermore, these lorries are now parking up overnight in Kings Avenue and causing traffic hazards
I have highlighted this problem for local residents to the Councillor for the ward, Ely District Council, Cambridgeshire County Council and the Highways Agency.
Nobody is interested and they all give the impression that Kings Avenue should be a major trunk road through Ely.
Heavy vehicles and residential properties do not mix. Why is Ely stuck in 1950’s planning laws? These comments are not solely intended for your letter page but there needs to be a major exposure of this developing problem.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Jail for bank card fraudster caught on CCTV
- 2 Prosecution threat against businesses found not to be Covid-19 secure
- 3 'Dedicated' PCSO retires after 12 years amid force funding cuts
- 4 Man who died in road crash is named
- 5 ‘Beloved’ primary school headteacher leaving after 16 years in Soham
- 6 Woman to travel 100km in her wheelchair to fundraise for autism charity
- 7 Jail and criminal behaviour order for woman who spat at police officer
- 8 You can now watch Ely Cathedral’s rare Peregrine Falcons live 24/7
- 9 Community pharmacy teams to offer free Covid-19 test kits
- 10 Volunteer group's Covid-closure after raising £70,000 in 30 years