Residential area being used by lorries as Ely truck stop
Kings Avenue is regularly being used as a through route by 40 tonne lorries.
The area is a residential housing estate. Lives are being put at risk. Furthermore, these lorries are now parking up overnight in Kings Avenue and causing traffic hazards
I have highlighted this problem for local residents to the Councillor for the ward, Ely District Council, Cambridgeshire County Council and the Highways Agency.
Nobody is interested and they all give the impression that Kings Avenue should be a major trunk road through Ely.
Heavy vehicles and residential properties do not mix. Why is Ely stuck in 1950’s planning laws? These comments are not solely intended for your letter page but there needs to be a major exposure of this developing problem.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 4 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 5 Son's touching tribute: 'My father fought with passion for that in which he believed'
- 6 Man named following fatal collision
- 7 Councillor shares 'perfect' vaccine experience to encourage others
- 8 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 9 Ex-councillor launches 'one million steps' charity challenge
- 10 Police increase patrols after reports of criminal damage and anti-social behaviour