COMPETITION: Win tickets to see Rain Man the stage adaptation in Cambridge
- Credit: Archant
The classic film, The Rain Man, has been adapted for the stage and we have four tickets to give away to see it in Cambridge featuring two popular TV stars.
Actors Mathew Horne (Gavin and Stacey) and Ed Speleers (Downton Abbey) star in the adaptation of the Oscar-winning movie that featured Tom Cruise and Dustin Hoffman .
When self-centred salesman Charlie Babbitt (Ed Speleers) discovers his long-lost brother Raymond (Mathew Horne), an autistic with a genius for numbers, has inherited the family fortune, he sets out to get his half.
Charlie ‘borrows’ Raymond from the institution where he has spent most of his life and the two brothers embark on a trip across America.
Mathew Horne is best known for his role as Gavin in the double BAFTA winning series Gavin & Stacey. He has also appeared as nan’s grandson in The Catherine Tate Show, as the Headmaster, Simon Fraser in Bad Education and as Roy Silver in Agatha Raisin.
You may also want to watch:
Ed Speleers is best known for playing the role of Footman, Jimmy Kent in Downton Abbey.
His breakthrough role was as the title character in the 2006 film Eragon, alongside Jeremy Irons, Robert Carlyle and John Malkovich.
- 1 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 2 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 3 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 4 SAS ‘original’ Reg Seekings to feature in book
- 5 'Panicked' dangerous driver apologised after 90mph police pursuit
- 6 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 7 Town rallies in fight for new hospital
- 8 Power boats thrill crowds at river races
- 9 First homes approved for Waterbeach Barracks
- 10 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
• Rain Man is at Cambridge Arts Theatre on Monday 8 to Saturday 13 October. Monday to Saturday, 7.45pm. Thursday and Saturday matinee at 2.30pm. Tickets cost £23, £33, £38, £42.
• Two lucky winners will receive a pair of tickets each. To enter answer the following question. Who played the role of the autistic brother in the film The Rain Man? Please email answers to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject Rain Man competition. Deadline noon on Wednesday October 3.