Where has Mrs Westwell been these last 20 years (Letters, November 16)? If she were a regular rail traveller she would know that station masters were abolished under Margaret Thatcher. One wonders who is in charge of where complaints can be made. With nat
Where has Mrs Westwell been these last 20 years (Letters, November 16)? If she were a regular rail traveller she would know that station masters were abolished under Margaret Thatcher.
One wonders who is in charge of where complaints can be made. With nationalised railways we were British Rail, with station masters; now we have several headings no-one knows who is who.
Mrs Westwell should have complained to the station supervisors at Ely station when she got back to Ely, not at the next station. Only large stations have a supervisor these days.
I sympathise with Mrs Westwell. It is no use making a verbal complaint. In future obtain the name of the abuser, find out what company is running over the route she uses and report it to them, I am sure the complaint would be dealt with. Contact with responsible staff is appalling.
You may also want to watch:
I wish Mrs Westwell safe and happy rail travelling in the future, irrespective of her recent trauma.
G S Spencer
- 1 Village pub limits reopening to ‘bread and butter customers’ only
- 2 Action this day as new alliance slashes £72k from councillors' allowance budget
- 3 Park and ride from Milton to return next month
- 4 Witchford hold their heads high despite narrow Cambs League cup exit
- 5 Hifields to bring world-class artists and 6,000 festival-goers to Cambridgeshire countryside
- 6 Shoppers rush to help man injured after falling in High Street
- 7 Family pay tribute to ‘talented’ father-of-three veteran killed in crash
- 8 Letter: Amazing reunion for couple thanks to paramedics
- 9 Family traumatised as their beloved Waffle shot in the face
- 10 Man charged with armed robbery in Fenland
(retired railman of 45 years)