Where has Mrs Westwell been these last 20 years (Letters, November 16)? If she were a regular rail traveller she would know that station masters were abolished under Margaret Thatcher. One wonders who is in charge of where complaints can be made. With nat
Where has Mrs Westwell been these last 20 years (Letters, November 16)? If she were a regular rail traveller she would know that station masters were abolished under Margaret Thatcher.
One wonders who is in charge of where complaints can be made. With nationalised railways we were British Rail, with station masters; now we have several headings no-one knows who is who.
Mrs Westwell should have complained to the station supervisors at Ely station when she got back to Ely, not at the next station. Only large stations have a supervisor these days.
I sympathise with Mrs Westwell. It is no use making a verbal complaint. In future obtain the name of the abuser, find out what company is running over the route she uses and report it to them, I am sure the complaint would be dealt with. Contact with responsible staff is appalling.
I wish Mrs Westwell safe and happy rail travelling in the future, irrespective of her recent trauma.
G S Spencer
- 1 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 2 OPINION: Soham Station fiasco about to come to a conclusion, or is it?
- 3 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 4 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 5 1,800 enjoy free Christmas day out at Ely’s ‘hidden gem’
- 6 Check before you travel ahead of major upgrade, commuters warned
- 7 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 8 Branch president left pleasantly surprised thanks to freemasons
- 9 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 10 Auditor who fell ill on eve of farmgate report not returning to council
(retired railman of 45 years)