Where has Mrs Westwell been these last 20 years (Letters, November 16)? If she were a regular rail traveller she would know that station masters were abolished under Margaret Thatcher. One wonders who is in charge of where complaints can be made. With nat
Where has Mrs Westwell been these last 20 years (Letters, November 16)? If she were a regular rail traveller she would know that station masters were abolished under Margaret Thatcher.
One wonders who is in charge of where complaints can be made. With nationalised railways we were British Rail, with station masters; now we have several headings no-one knows who is who.
Mrs Westwell should have complained to the station supervisors at Ely station when she got back to Ely, not at the next station. Only large stations have a supervisor these days.
I sympathise with Mrs Westwell. It is no use making a verbal complaint. In future obtain the name of the abuser, find out what company is running over the route she uses and report it to them, I am sure the complaint would be dealt with. Contact with responsible staff is appalling.
I wish Mrs Westwell safe and happy rail travelling in the future, irrespective of her recent trauma.
G S Spencer
- 1 Back garden log cabin needs permission says council
- 2 Preschool 'special in people's hearts' to close after more than 30 years
- 3 Daughter pays tribute to model engineer who 'tried his hand at anything'
- 4 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 5 BMX star, 11, hopes world debut can lead to Olympics dream
- 6 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 7 Platinum Jubilee: The Queen's visits to Cambridgeshire in pictures
- 8 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 9 New bid for housing thwarted by Great Crested Newts
- 10 ‘Inspirational’ teacher, Esmeralda, honoured in national teaching awards
(retired railman of 45 years)