Where has Mrs Westwell been these last 20 years (Letters, November 16)? If she were a regular rail traveller she would know that station masters were abolished under Margaret Thatcher. One wonders who is in charge of where complaints can be made. With nat
Where has Mrs Westwell been these last 20 years (Letters, November 16)? If she were a regular rail traveller she would know that station masters were abolished under Margaret Thatcher.
One wonders who is in charge of where complaints can be made. With nationalised railways we were British Rail, with station masters; now we have several headings no-one knows who is who.
Mrs Westwell should have complained to the station supervisors at Ely station when she got back to Ely, not at the next station. Only large stations have a supervisor these days.
I sympathise with Mrs Westwell. It is no use making a verbal complaint. In future obtain the name of the abuser, find out what company is running over the route she uses and report it to them, I am sure the complaint would be dealt with. Contact with responsible staff is appalling.
You may also want to watch:
I wish Mrs Westwell safe and happy rail travelling in the future, irrespective of her recent trauma.
G S Spencer
- 1 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 2 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 3 300 take part in autonomous shuttle passenger trial
- 4 A10 speed limit reduced at Waterbeach after death of baby Louis Thorold
- 5 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 6 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 7 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 8 Not breaking news: Vicar has lucky escape, station closes and hotel sold
- 9 9 never to be forgotten moments from Cambridgeshire politicians
- 10 Open air theatre is back in Ely this weekend
(retired railman of 45 years)