I SEE that this time it is the East Of England Regional Assembly s planning panel (apparently it does not even qualify for sub-committee status) that is the latest quango to block Ely s southern bypass plans. So much for local planning being devolved to t
I SEE that this time it is the East Of England Regional Assembly's planning panel (apparently it does not even qualify for sub-committee status) that is the latest quango to block Ely's southern bypass plans.
So much for local planning being devolved to truly local bodies. It's a nonsense.
What the heck is the East Of England Regional Assembly anyway? I don't recall being asked to vote for its establishment or its members, do you?
Having looked them up on the internet, they seem to be costing us a lot of money to do ... well, not very much that couldn't be done better - and cheaper - locally, actually.
You may also want to watch:
Oh, and their premises appear to have been set up at huge cost. That's a familiar story too.
Honestly, I can't think we are getting the local government we deserve.
- 1 Hundreds sign petition in support of pub's cup of positivi-tea
- 2 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 3 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 4 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 5 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 6 Fire crews called to stables building blaze
- 7 Handcuffed duo prepare to make London Marathon history
- 8 Photographer Dan flies high after winning national competition
- 9 What are the outstanding and good schools in Cambridgeshire?
- 10 Eight page enforcement notice wrapped round giant cuppa
BRIAN WATSON, Windmill Walk, Sutton