Putting more weight behind doctor protest
I READ your story on April 13 entitled Fears As Doctor Is Forced To Retire about the local practice forcing Dr Pam Kenny to retire at 60. As a former patient of Haddenham surgery I feel it only right to put my weight behind the village who have already s
I READ your story on April 13 entitled Fears As Doctor Is Forced To Retire about the local practice forcing Dr Pam Kenny to retire at 60.
As a former patient of Haddenham surgery I feel it only right to put my weight behind the village who have already signed a petition against Dr Kenny leaving the practice.
I also feel I should relate the story of a member of my family who had a hole in the heart from birth. Dr Kenny was able to get him hospitalised for surgery when he was two years old and again as a teenager. I also think an experienced doctor as Dr Kenny has still a lot to give at 60 years old.
Another option is, as Dr Kenny founded the Stretham Surgery and owns the building, she should have the upper hand as well as a partner she owns the building so she should tell the other partners they have a certain time to relinquish the building.
You may also want to watch:
If she finds another doctor to form another partnership she could do what hours she wants. Also, as Dr Kenny sits on the committee of emergency doctor's service this should carry some weight especially after 32 years faithful service both to her patients and her practice.
It will also alleviate the problem for villagers who would be forced to travel to Haddenham. Especially the elderly and disabled, with no bus running between villages if the practice is closed down. I do make this point that patients come before practice.
- 1 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 2 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside
- 3 Caught on camera: milk thieves strike in the city
- 4 Eight page enforcement notice wrapped round giant cuppa
- 5 Ely Museum team member retires after 16 years' service
- 6 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 7 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 8 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in
- 9 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 10 'Every number is a lost life' - Worst Covid affected care homes in Cambs