Putting more weight behind doctor protest
I READ your story on April 13 entitled Fears As Doctor Is Forced To Retire about the local practice forcing Dr Pam Kenny to retire at 60. As a former patient of Haddenham surgery I feel it only right to put my weight behind the village who have already s
I READ your story on April 13 entitled Fears As Doctor Is Forced To Retire about the local practice forcing Dr Pam Kenny to retire at 60.
As a former patient of Haddenham surgery I feel it only right to put my weight behind the village who have already signed a petition against Dr Kenny leaving the practice.
I also feel I should relate the story of a member of my family who had a hole in the heart from birth. Dr Kenny was able to get him hospitalised for surgery when he was two years old and again as a teenager. I also think an experienced doctor as Dr Kenny has still a lot to give at 60 years old.
Another option is, as Dr Kenny founded the Stretham Surgery and owns the building, she should have the upper hand as well as a partner she owns the building so she should tell the other partners they have a certain time to relinquish the building.
You may also want to watch:
If she finds another doctor to form another partnership she could do what hours she wants. Also, as Dr Kenny sits on the committee of emergency doctor's service this should carry some weight especially after 32 years faithful service both to her patients and her practice.
It will also alleviate the problem for villagers who would be forced to travel to Haddenham. Especially the elderly and disabled, with no bus running between villages if the practice is closed down. I do make this point that patients come before practice.
- 1 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 2 Fears for historic vicarage council fought to save
- 3 Large illegal knife and 45 cannabis plants found in police raid
- 4 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 5 College and sixth form's 'gold' rating for 'outstanding' mental health provision
- 6 Photo memories of the late Prince Philip projected onto house
- 7 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered
- 8 City’s first Asian grocery store coming to market place
- 9 Transformation of empty offices into luxury flats well under way
- 10 Our guide to The Library Presents' spring outdoor events series