Edwardian detached house with direct river access for sale for £450,000
- Credit: Pocock & Shaw
This picture perfect Edwardian home lies within one of the finest roads in the sought after village of Fordham.
Sitting half way down Mill Lane, the double bay fronted property is set back from the road behind a neat privet hedge.
Downstairs there is a sitting room, dining room, kitchen, sun room and bathroom. To the first floor there are three double bedrooms and a WC.
Adjacent to the property is a narrow driveway measuring about 6ft 8in (2.1m), which in turn leads to a timber garage with double doors.
The 164ft (50m) rear garden is a particular feature of the property. A terraced patio leads to an area of lawn with a gravelled bed to one side and shaped bed to the other, with a variety of perennials and shrubs.
A bridge then leads over a pond to a further lawned area with a variety of shrubs and trees. The final section leads to the River Snail, with a fine willow tree and other species including laurel.
Ideally located between Ely and Newmarket, Fordham offers a good range of facilities including a highly regarded primary school, pubs, shops and a church. It is also well placed for access to the A14 dual carriageway to both Cambridge and Bury St Edmunds.
- 1 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 2 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 3 ‘It’s been very rewarding’ - Letizia amazed by support for La Strega
- 4 New bid for housing thwarted by Great Crested Newts
- 5 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 6 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 7 Axing BBC TV news from Cambridge 'a backward step' says MP
- 8 Littleport 'hit and run' on Victoria Street
- 9 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 10 Florist 'busier than ever' hoping to build from lockdown success
Mill Lane, Fordham
Pocock & Shaw, 01353 668091, www.pocock.co.uk