Problems with council sound all too familiar
I WAS not surprised to read your article about the plight of Len and Gillian Richmond, and the problems they had with East Cambridgeshire District Council regarding non payment of Council Tax. I was even less surprised at the finance director s response t
I WAS not surprised to read your article about the plight of Len and Gillian Richmond, and the problems they had with East Cambridgeshire District Council regarding non payment of Council Tax. I was even less surprised at the finance director's response to the couple's situation.
I have had similar problems with the same council and these have been ongoing for the past three years and it is still not resolved.
They seem to have this belief that they never do anything wrong.
I think it's high time the council took customers seriously and checked that the policies they have in place actually work at ground level.
You may also want to watch:
I also believe that the use and execution of outside agencies for local administration is appalling and creates communication problems that the council staff and their computers cannot detect.
I wonder if there is anyone else out their like the Richmonds?
- 1 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 2 Fears for historic vicarage council fought to save
- 3 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 4 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered
- 5 Large illegal knife and 45 cannabis plants found in police raid
- 6 Transformation of empty offices into luxury flats well under way
- 7 City’s first Asian grocery store coming to market place
- 8 College and sixth form's 'gold' rating for 'outstanding' mental health provision
- 9 Former homeless recreate ‘Lunch atop a Skyscraper’ photograph
- 10 Photo memories of the late Prince Philip projected onto house
C O'NEILL, High Street, Stretham