Problems with council sound all too familiar
I WAS not surprised to read your article about the plight of Len and Gillian Richmond, and the problems they had with East Cambridgeshire District Council regarding non payment of Council Tax. I was even less surprised at the finance director s response t
I WAS not surprised to read your article about the plight of Len and Gillian Richmond, and the problems they had with East Cambridgeshire District Council regarding non payment of Council Tax. I was even less surprised at the finance director's response to the couple's situation.
I have had similar problems with the same council and these have been ongoing for the past three years and it is still not resolved.
They seem to have this belief that they never do anything wrong.
I think it's high time the council took customers seriously and checked that the policies they have in place actually work at ground level.
You may also want to watch:
I also believe that the use and execution of outside agencies for local administration is appalling and creates communication problems that the council staff and their computers cannot detect.
I wonder if there is anyone else out their like the Richmonds?
- 1 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 2 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside
- 3 Caught on camera: milk thieves strike in the city
- 4 Eight page enforcement notice wrapped round giant cuppa
- 5 Ely Museum team member retires after 16 years' service
- 6 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 7 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 8 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in
- 9 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 10 'Every number is a lost life' - Worst Covid affected care homes in Cambs
C O'NEILL, High Street, Stretham