Postbag: We appreciated Martyrs article
WE very much appreciated your article Burned For a Banned Bible , which appeared in the Ely Standard on January 26. Your article pertaining to the Protestant Martyrs of Ely was kindly drawn to our attention by an Ely resident. We ourselves convene an ann
WE very much appreciated your article 'Burned For a Banned Bible', which appeared in the Ely Standard on January 26. Your article pertaining to the Protestant Martyrs of Ely was kindly drawn to our attention by an Ely resident.
We ourselves convene an annual meeting in their memory in the Ely Cathedral Centre on the first Monday in October.
We have long-held a desire to see the erection of a memorial to the memory of the martyrs and this aspiration is also shared by some local residents of Ely. It would be a very positive and helpful thing if you and your colleagues of the Ely Standard were able to give any help in attracting attention and support in this matter.
DR SJ SCOTT-PEARSON
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 2 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 3 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 4 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 5 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 6 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 7 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 8 Hundreds sign petition in support of pub's cup of positivi-tea
- 9 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 10 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'