Postbag: We appreciated Martyrs article
WE very much appreciated your article Burned For a Banned Bible , which appeared in the Ely Standard on January 26. Your article pertaining to the Protestant Martyrs of Ely was kindly drawn to our attention by an Ely resident. We ourselves convene an ann
WE very much appreciated your article 'Burned For a Banned Bible', which appeared in the Ely Standard on January 26. Your article pertaining to the Protestant Martyrs of Ely was kindly drawn to our attention by an Ely resident.
We ourselves convene an annual meeting in their memory in the Ely Cathedral Centre on the first Monday in October.
We have long-held a desire to see the erection of a memorial to the memory of the martyrs and this aspiration is also shared by some local residents of Ely. It would be a very positive and helpful thing if you and your colleagues of the Ely Standard were able to give any help in attracting attention and support in this matter.
DR SJ SCOTT-PEARSON
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered
- 2 City’s first Asian grocery store coming to market place
- 3 Fire crews tackling woodland blaze carried pump and equipment 200 metres
- 4 Popular food delivery service Deliveroo launches in city this week
- 5 Transformation of empty offices into luxury flats well under way
- 6 Throwback to places and faces of Ely's past
- 7 Restaurant launches bright pink ‘selfie areas’ ahead of reopening
- 8 Jail for man caught carrying meat cleaver in public after missing tools argument
- 9 Person hit by train between Cambridge and Ely
- 10 Residents ‘left without a voice’ over anti-social car park behaviour