Postbag: Accept my donation to hospice campaign
I APPLAUD your initiative on children s hospices and I am happy to match your donation. I enclose a cheque for £750 – good luck with HOH. I will also sign your petition, although I believe it to be a waste of time. The Government s standard answer to any
I APPLAUD your initiative on children's hospices and I am happy to match your donation. I enclose a cheque for £750 - good luck with HOH.
I will also sign your petition, although I believe it to be a waste of time. The Government's standard answer to any crisis in the health service is to employ more administrators, co-ordinators, supervisor and other useless bureaucrats.
There are already more administrators in the NHS than hospital beds. So even if Liam Byrne increases the funding "in the future" (what does this mean - a typical politician's evasion) the children are unlikely to see any of it.
This is the real scandal, that the public should be asked to dig deep in their own pockets for charity when we are already paying out billions in taxes which the Government then wastes. There is no shortage of money for the health service in this country - it's just being spent on the wrong people.
You may also want to watch:
This is what Jim Paice and Malcolm Moss and every other intelligent voter in the country should be shouting about.
- 1 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside
- 2 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 3 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 4 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 5 Cash stolen and till broken in fourth break-in at Co-op store in four months
- 6 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 7 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 8 144 runners and 29 volunteers: First parkrun back is a huge success
- 9 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 10 Superb acting, singing and dancing at KD Theatre musical