Postbag: Accept my donation to hospice campaign
I APPLAUD your initiative on children s hospices and I am happy to match your donation. I enclose a cheque for £750 – good luck with HOH. I will also sign your petition, although I believe it to be a waste of time. The Government s standard answer to any
I APPLAUD your initiative on children's hospices and I am happy to match your donation. I enclose a cheque for £750 - good luck with HOH.
I will also sign your petition, although I believe it to be a waste of time. The Government's standard answer to any crisis in the health service is to employ more administrators, co-ordinators, supervisor and other useless bureaucrats.
There are already more administrators in the NHS than hospital beds. So even if Liam Byrne increases the funding "in the future" (what does this mean - a typical politician's evasion) the children are unlikely to see any of it.
This is the real scandal, that the public should be asked to dig deep in their own pockets for charity when we are already paying out billions in taxes which the Government then wastes. There is no shortage of money for the health service in this country - it's just being spent on the wrong people.
You may also want to watch:
This is what Jim Paice and Malcolm Moss and every other intelligent voter in the country should be shouting about.
- 1 Jail for man caught carrying meat cleaver in public after missing tools argument
- 2 Residents ‘left without a voice’ over anti-social car park behaviour
- 3 Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 Rainbow house brightens up lockdown
- 5 Freemasons make cash donation to support hospital cancer patients
- 6 Sheep saved after taking short-cut on busy rail line
- 7 Open-air museum due to reopen as lockdown eases
- 8 Wildlife-loving boy, 9, saves six abandoned ducklings
- 9 Person hit by train between Cambridge and Ely
- 10 BBC drama Casualty storyline to feature pelvic mesh implant scandal