Popular facility for our young people
CITY councillors are surprised that you should single out the St John s Road recreation ground to highlight graffiti in the city. There are far more – and worse – examples in several places, particularly some of the children s playgrounds. There were at l
CITY councillors are surprised that you should single out the St John's Road recreation ground to highlight graffiti in the city.
There are far more - and worse - examples in several places, particularly some of the children's playgrounds. There were at least three reports of such activity last week, and vandalism at the Paradise playground is particularly bad.
In the past, the council's maintenance man has had to remove far more unpleasant graffiti from equipment at the St John's Road playground.
The skate park at St John's Road is already proving to be an amazingly popular recreation facility for our young people, and it is a pity that a small, prejudiced group should publicly damn it at every turn.
They would be better employed helping to protect it and the new ballpark by reporting any vandalism to the police or texting the CCTV monitors on 01353 62288.
CLLR JOHN ISON
- 1 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 2 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 3 Christmas at Wimpole illuminated trail sparks into life as countdown begins
- 4 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 5 A10 dualling facing new challenges
- 6 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 7 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 8 Rough sleeping injunctions are ‘positive’ say council
- 9 Big Christmas lights switch-on arrives
- 10 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
Mayor of the City of Ely