Popular facility for our young people
CITY councillors are surprised that you should single out the St John s Road recreation ground to highlight graffiti in the city. There are far more – and worse – examples in several places, particularly some of the children s playgrounds. There were at l
CITY councillors are surprised that you should single out the St John's Road recreation ground to highlight graffiti in the city.
There are far more - and worse - examples in several places, particularly some of the children's playgrounds. There were at least three reports of such activity last week, and vandalism at the Paradise playground is particularly bad.
In the past, the council's maintenance man has had to remove far more unpleasant graffiti from equipment at the St John's Road playground.
The skate park at St John's Road is already proving to be an amazingly popular recreation facility for our young people, and it is a pity that a small, prejudiced group should publicly damn it at every turn.
You may also want to watch:
They would be better employed helping to protect it and the new ballpark by reporting any vandalism to the police or texting the CCTV monitors on 01353 62288.
CLLR JOHN ISON
- 1 Eight page enforcement notice wrapped round giant cuppa
- 2 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 3 Fire crews called to stables building blaze
- 4 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 5 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 6 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 7 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 8 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 9 Handcuffed duo prepare to make London Marathon history
- 10 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside
Mayor of the City of Ely