Popular facility for our young people
CITY councillors are surprised that you should single out the St John s Road recreation ground to highlight graffiti in the city. There are far more – and worse – examples in several places, particularly some of the children s playgrounds. There were at l
CITY councillors are surprised that you should single out the St John's Road recreation ground to highlight graffiti in the city.
There are far more - and worse - examples in several places, particularly some of the children's playgrounds. There were at least three reports of such activity last week, and vandalism at the Paradise playground is particularly bad.
In the past, the council's maintenance man has had to remove far more unpleasant graffiti from equipment at the St John's Road playground.
The skate park at St John's Road is already proving to be an amazingly popular recreation facility for our young people, and it is a pity that a small, prejudiced group should publicly damn it at every turn.
You may also want to watch:
They would be better employed helping to protect it and the new ballpark by reporting any vandalism to the police or texting the CCTV monitors on 01353 62288.
CLLR JOHN ISON
- 1 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 2 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack
- 3 Everything you need to know about Mad Hatters eco festival
- 4 Littleport tops poll for the lowest turnout in council elections
- 5 30 East Cambs candidates compete for 8 Cambridgshire County council seats
- 6 Second World War and SAS hero remembered with new street signs
- 7 Footballer hopes Wembley 'dream' can bolster Cambridge career
- 8 Nostalgic throwback to places and faces of Ely's past
- 9 Ely named the UK’s most baby-friendly location
- 10 Elections 2021: Polling Day across Cambridgeshire
Mayor of the City of Ely