Please wake up to 21st century, Ely
I HAVE lived in Ely all my life (35yrs +) and whilst reading through the Ely Standard, last week I noticed two sections I would like to comment on. Betty Wilbraham s school-cooking memories – it is a shame they didn t teach people her age respect where a
I HAVE lived in Ely all my life (35yrs +) and whilst reading through the Ely Standard, last week I noticed two sections I would like to comment on.
Betty Wilbraham's school-cooking memories - it is a shame they didn't teach people her age respect where accepting rules and guidelines are not made just for the younger generations.
Mr Wynn (from Cutlacks of Ely) standing on Ely Market Place (a large open-area of land) where shoppers a few years ago were able to park, before the council wasted tax-payers money and stopped such a useful/needy facility for shoppers and traders.
Whilst on the subject of Council Tax, why do we still pay full Council Tax, yet our refuse collections have changed to once a fortnight not each week, surely as this is all we get in services why not pay 50 per cent less?
Also please, please, please can Ely finally wake up to the 21st Century, we don't need any more estate agents, cafés or women's clothes shops (we do have men living here!) we need at least one more night-club (club Zest is in a pitiful state and the age restriction should really be examined and amended) The Townhouse is, in my opinion, a far better place for the over-25s to go to, it's a lot friendlier too.
But having just one night-club (even though that's a joke) open till 2am on Fridays and Saturdays is crazy for a city, Newmarket's a town and King's Lynn, yet they have more choice for their grateful nightlife customers, what do others say?
- 1 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 2 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 3 New shop already 'exceeded expectations' after strong opening day
- 4 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall
- 5 Nuisance caller flouted court order day after prison release
- 6 Best Indian in CAMBRIDGESHIRE even though award says best in NORFOLK
- 7 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?
- 8 Magpas Air Ambulance doctor, Anne, shortlisted for national award
- 9 GP practices mark ‘momentous milestone’ in Covid-19 vaccine programme
- 10 Ely Rotary Club back with annual Christmas collection