Please wake up to 21st century, Ely
I HAVE lived in Ely all my life (35yrs +) and whilst reading through the Ely Standard, last week I noticed two sections I would like to comment on. Betty Wilbraham s school-cooking memories – it is a shame they didn t teach people her age respect where a
I HAVE lived in Ely all my life (35yrs +) and whilst reading through the Ely Standard, last week I noticed two sections I would like to comment on.
Betty Wilbraham's school-cooking memories - it is a shame they didn't teach people her age respect where accepting rules and guidelines are not made just for the younger generations.
Mr Wynn (from Cutlacks of Ely) standing on Ely Market Place (a large open-area of land) where shoppers a few years ago were able to park, before the council wasted tax-payers money and stopped such a useful/needy facility for shoppers and traders.
Whilst on the subject of Council Tax, why do we still pay full Council Tax, yet our refuse collections have changed to once a fortnight not each week, surely as this is all we get in services why not pay 50 per cent less?
You may also want to watch:
Also please, please, please can Ely finally wake up to the 21st Century, we don't need any more estate agents, cafés or women's clothes shops (we do have men living here!) we need at least one more night-club (club Zest is in a pitiful state and the age restriction should really be examined and amended) The Townhouse is, in my opinion, a far better place for the over-25s to go to, it's a lot friendlier too.
But having just one night-club (even though that's a joke) open till 2am on Fridays and Saturdays is crazy for a city, Newmarket's a town and King's Lynn, yet they have more choice for their grateful nightlife customers, what do others say?
- 1 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 2 Dr Nik in Ely for his first day as Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Mayor
- 3 Man suspected to have stolen '£300-400' of alcohol in store theft
- 4 Have your say on Network Rail increasing rail capacity through Ely
- 5 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 6 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 7 Railways to royalty - a nostalgic look at Ely and Cambridgeshire
- 8 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 9 Eggs from Peregrine Falcons nesting on Ely Cathedral rooftop hatch
- 10 Punch in face leaves man with fractured nose