Please Explain The Difference Between Masterplan and Local Development Framework
I HAVE just encountered council officers in the market square manning the Local Development framework stall to gain feedback from the public. Perhaps someone would like to explain to me (and I am sure to many others in Ely) through your pages, the diff
I HAVE just encountered council officers in the market square manning the Local Development framework stall to gain feedback from the public.
Perhaps someone would like to explain to me (and I am sure to many others in Ely) through your pages, the difference between the Local Development Framework plan and the Ely Masterplan?
They sound very expensive to me and I am wondering why we need both?
The Tory council keeps telling us it has very little money left and cannot even keep the Babylon Gallery going, even though it is well used part of Ely's tourist and leisure facilities. Surely, the money would be better spent on this, rather than on something which may never happen.
When I asked one of the officers what provision there would be for the visual arts in the Local Development Plan she replied 'none', as the Tory councillors are against the visual arts.' At least I got a straight answer!
Councillor Brown said in a letter to me that he was fully committed to the future provision of arts. Well I hope he can prove it by giving ADEC the whole building at the Babylon Gallery or The Maltings, to help them develop an arts centre (including a gallery) the people of Ely so richly deserve.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 Inferno BBQ to be occupied by sister company Forbidden Burger Co
- 3 Mike Rouse, councillor, former mayor and historian, dies aged 82
- 4 Mike Rouse: A lifetime's passion for books and literature
- 5 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
- 6 'A little talent very thinly spread' Mike Rouse, in his own words
- 7 Cambridge: Police officer had surgery after sex offender drove car at them
- 8 Middlesbrough couple found in Cambs with drugs worth around £37,000
- 9 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 10 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?