Please Explain The Difference Between Masterplan and Local Development Framework
I HAVE just encountered council officers in the market square manning the Local Development framework stall to gain feedback from the public. Perhaps someone would like to explain to me (and I am sure to many others in Ely) through your pages, the diff
I HAVE just encountered council officers in the market square manning the Local Development framework stall to gain feedback from the public.
Perhaps someone would like to explain to me (and I am sure to many others in Ely) through your pages, the difference between the Local Development Framework plan and the Ely Masterplan?
They sound very expensive to me and I am wondering why we need both?
The Tory council keeps telling us it has very little money left and cannot even keep the Babylon Gallery going, even though it is well used part of Ely's tourist and leisure facilities. Surely, the money would be better spent on this, rather than on something which may never happen.
You may also want to watch:
When I asked one of the officers what provision there would be for the visual arts in the Local Development Plan she replied 'none', as the Tory councillors are against the visual arts.' At least I got a straight answer!
Councillor Brown said in a letter to me that he was fully committed to the future provision of arts. Well I hope he can prove it by giving ADEC the whole building at the Babylon Gallery or The Maltings, to help them develop an arts centre (including a gallery) the people of Ely so richly deserve.
- 1 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 2 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 3 300 take part in autonomous shuttle passenger trial
- 4 A10 speed limit reduced at Waterbeach after death of baby Louis Thorold
- 5 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 6 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 7 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 8 Not breaking news: Vicar has lucky escape, station closes and hotel sold
- 9 9 never to be forgotten moments from Cambridgeshire politicians
- 10 Open air theatre is back in Ely this weekend