Please, drivers, use your indicators
I AM writing to you with regards to the driving of the male population, particularly those over the age of 65, which I have noticed on my travels around Ely.
Whilst driving through the High Street last Monday a silver Vauxhall Astra was sat in the middle of the road as if it had been abandoned – completely oblivious to the queue of traffic behind it.
Why did the driver not indicate to make other drivers and myself aware of his intentions?
It then became apparent as I eventually got past him that he was waiting for a car to reverse out of a parking space so he could park up.
This isn’t the first incident with a male driver over the age of 65, all I can say is perhaps when they are having their driving lessons they weren’t taught how to use the indicator and what they are actually used for.
I would say that it is a courteous restore to other road users just to use the indicators as well as a safety issue.
I do realise that I may have several hidden talents but mind-reading is not one of them!
- 1 Murder trial hears of 'appalling catalogue of injuries' suffered by baby
- 2 8,000 homes plan criticised over ‘hidden green belt destruction’
- 3 Relief for clinical Soham as four-month winless run is over
- 4 Take a look inside this £600,000 converted barn hidden in the Fens
- 5 Plumbing ringleader who ‘traded under multiple names’ jailed
- 6 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 7 Villagers confront the challenge of Corkers rising from the ashes
- 8 Hospital study shows daily capsules could help long Covid sufferers
- 9 Match ball from Cambridge United's victory against Newcastle to be raffled for charity
- 10 Football club reunion bids to bring good times back to Barry