Please, drivers, use your indicators
I AM writing to you with regards to the driving of the male population, particularly those over the age of 65, which I have noticed on my travels around Ely.
Whilst driving through the High Street last Monday a silver Vauxhall Astra was sat in the middle of the road as if it had been abandoned – completely oblivious to the queue of traffic behind it.
Why did the driver not indicate to make other drivers and myself aware of his intentions?
It then became apparent as I eventually got past him that he was waiting for a car to reverse out of a parking space so he could park up.
This isn’t the first incident with a male driver over the age of 65, all I can say is perhaps when they are having their driving lessons they weren’t taught how to use the indicator and what they are actually used for.
I would say that it is a courteous restore to other road users just to use the indicators as well as a safety issue.
I do realise that I may have several hidden talents but mind-reading is not one of them!
- 1 First visit not 'a flying success' but pub deserves second chance
- 2 Sanctuary Housing criticised over empty homes in Ely
- 3 Man facing eviction fears 'absolute disaster' despite council help
- 4 Person hit by train between Manea and Peterborough
- 5 Woman who twice ignored 'no fly tipping' signs faces two fines
- 6 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 7 Meet the boat hire firm aiming to become perfect 'stress-free' tonic
- 8 'Cuckooing' drug dealer caught with cocaine to the value of £3,670
- 9 Army assault course brought back to former glory at Waterbeach Barracks
- 10 Lorna’s successful plea to remove £3 shower charge for disabled visitors to The Hive