Please, drivers, use your indicators
I AM writing to you with regards to the driving of the male population, particularly those over the age of 65, which I have noticed on my travels around Ely.
Whilst driving through the High Street last Monday a silver Vauxhall Astra was sat in the middle of the road as if it had been abandoned – completely oblivious to the queue of traffic behind it.
Why did the driver not indicate to make other drivers and myself aware of his intentions?
It then became apparent as I eventually got past him that he was waiting for a car to reverse out of a parking space so he could park up.
This isn’t the first incident with a male driver over the age of 65, all I can say is perhaps when they are having their driving lessons they weren’t taught how to use the indicator and what they are actually used for.
You may also want to watch:
I would say that it is a courteous restore to other road users just to use the indicators as well as a safety issue.
I do realise that I may have several hidden talents but mind-reading is not one of them!
- 1 Parish council protests after developers switch care home for homes
- 2 Tea rooms may become a bedsit
- 3 OBE for former King's Ely principal
- 4 Charity shop ‘urgently appealing’ for volunteers after reopening
- 5 Van overturns after striking Ely’s infamous ‘most bashed bridge’
- 6 Parish council fails to win vote of confidence
- 7 'Harassment' forces village speedwatch team to close
- 8 'A crash waiting to happen' say police
- 9 Ely’s most famous cat is back for more adventures
- 10 Woman claims police officer ‘forced himself’ upon her