Please, drivers, use your indicators
I AM writing to you with regards to the driving of the male population, particularly those over the age of 65, which I have noticed on my travels around Ely.
Whilst driving through the High Street last Monday a silver Vauxhall Astra was sat in the middle of the road as if it had been abandoned – completely oblivious to the queue of traffic behind it.
Why did the driver not indicate to make other drivers and myself aware of his intentions?
It then became apparent as I eventually got past him that he was waiting for a car to reverse out of a parking space so he could park up.
This isn’t the first incident with a male driver over the age of 65, all I can say is perhaps when they are having their driving lessons they weren’t taught how to use the indicator and what they are actually used for.
You may also want to watch:
I would say that it is a courteous restore to other road users just to use the indicators as well as a safety issue.
I do realise that I may have several hidden talents but mind-reading is not one of them!
- 1 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 2 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 3 Van driver in ‘life threatening condition’ after crash
- 4 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 5 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 6 Amazing escape for driver in A11 crash
- 7 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 8 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 9 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 10 Sex offender caught with 76 of most serious child abuse photos