Please drivers, use your headlights and check that they are working properly
DO some drivers think it costs more to drive with their lights on?
Before Christmas, on a wet, dull, grey day, visibility wasn’t that good. On January 6 it was foggy. I was travelling between Littleport and Wissey beet factory all day in a lorry.
On both occasions I came across people driving without their lights on.
It’s true - the worst offenders are driving silver or light-coloured cars that blend in with the gloom perfectly.
Then you have the drivers trying to imitate motorcycles, with only one headlight.
It’s frightening when you meet one in the dark in poor visibility - you aim for the left of the light then realise at the last moment its 5ft wider because they have no lights working on the offside.
And driving with just sidelights on is really no better they are just not bright enough.
- 1 Car rolled in crash on A14
- 2 Councillor quits as voters get set for two Ely by-elections
- 3 Smoke plume in village near Cambridge thought to be car fire
- 4 Caravan site wants 10 new lodges to cope with demand
- 5 Warwick Davis and daughter Annabelle cut the ribbon at special opening
- 6 MP officially begins new era for major UK supplier
- 7 Have your say on proposed commercial development in Ely
- 8 Stansted Airport and Cambridge trains disrupted after tree falls on tracks
- 9 Insurers to pay for £725,000 house replacement
- 10 Threat to cancel or 'indefinitely pause' £450m Ely rail upgrade
So come on you irresponsible drivers, SWITCH ON your lights and CHECK that they are all WORKING and make it safer for everyone.