Please drivers, use your headlights and check that they are working properly
DO some drivers think it costs more to drive with their lights on?
Before Christmas, on a wet, dull, grey day, visibility wasn’t that good. On January 6 it was foggy. I was travelling between Littleport and Wissey beet factory all day in a lorry.
On both occasions I came across people driving without their lights on.
It’s true - the worst offenders are driving silver or light-coloured cars that blend in with the gloom perfectly.
Then you have the drivers trying to imitate motorcycles, with only one headlight.
It’s frightening when you meet one in the dark in poor visibility - you aim for the left of the light then realise at the last moment its 5ft wider because they have no lights working on the offside.
And driving with just sidelights on is really no better they are just not bright enough.
- 1 80 homes threaten access to ‘rural haven of rare beauty’
- 2 Woman wins right to build annexe to home
- 3 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 4 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 5 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 6 Big Christmas lights switch-on arrives
- 7 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 8 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 9 'Farmgate' report leaks reveal concerns over Manor Farm tenancy
- 10 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
So come on you irresponsible drivers, SWITCH ON your lights and CHECK that they are all WORKING and make it safer for everyone.