Please drivers, use your headlights and check that they are working properly
DO some drivers think it costs more to drive with their lights on?
Before Christmas, on a wet, dull, grey day, visibility wasn’t that good. On January 6 it was foggy. I was travelling between Littleport and Wissey beet factory all day in a lorry.
On both occasions I came across people driving without their lights on.
It’s true - the worst offenders are driving silver or light-coloured cars that blend in with the gloom perfectly.
Then you have the drivers trying to imitate motorcycles, with only one headlight.
You may also want to watch:
It’s frightening when you meet one in the dark in poor visibility - you aim for the left of the light then realise at the last moment its 5ft wider because they have no lights working on the offside.
And driving with just sidelights on is really no better they are just not bright enough.
- 1 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 2 A10 speed limit reduced at Waterbeach after death of baby Louis Thorold
- 3 Not breaking news: Vicar has lucky escape, station closes and hotel sold
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 5 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 6 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 7 Man jailed for abusive rampage against ex-partner
- 8 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 9 Mayor fumes over ‘amateur’ foster carers claim
- 10 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
So come on you irresponsible drivers, SWITCH ON your lights and CHECK that they are all WORKING and make it safer for everyone.