Playground has been work of many volunteers and to focus on just one critic was, in my opinion, wrong
- Credit: Archant
As a Wilburton resident with a young child who enjoys playing at our new playground I was saddened to read your article.
It was incredibly poor journalism, with no other residents from the Berristead being consulted or any of the families using it asked for their comments.
It has been the hard work of many volunteers to fund raise, consult, plan and see out the build of the playground. It has brought families and our wonderful village community together.
It is situated within close proximity to our village primary school making it an ideal, safe location for friends to gather after school for a play.
Many families have felt intimidated and threatened by the behaviour of Mr Ludbrooke who often stands in the road outside his house, arms folded, staring at the children, blocking traffic and stopping passers by.
You may also want to watch:
Before the playground was built he got his ‘kicks’ by installing gadgets to make dogs bark so he could complain about the noise and last summer installed a high pitched device to keep cats away - it also resulted in his neighbours children complaining of headaches when playing in their garden, which, given his obvious dislike of the sound of children playing one could speculate was his real intention in installing the device. His behaviour is that of a bully and you Ely Standard, by indulging him in your article, have acted as co-conspirators.
Shame on you.
- 1 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside
- 2 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 3 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 4 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 5 Cash stolen and till broken in fourth break-in at Co-op store in four months
- 6 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 7 144 runners and 29 volunteers: First parkrun back is a huge success
- 8 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 9 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 10 Superb acting, singing and dancing at KD Theatre musical