Plan For Market Stalls Will Affect Trade In Ely
ON Saturday, I was told by a stall holder on Ely Market that in April the district council is to withdraw its support for supplying stalls for market traders.As most, if not all traders, haven t the room to carry their own stands, it will mean they w
ON Saturday, I was told by a stall holder on Ely Market that in April the district council is to withdraw its support for supplying stalls for market traders.
As most, if not all traders, haven't the room to carry their own stands, it will mean they will no longer come to Ely to trade. If that happens local and non-local people will go elsewhere and it will have an adverse affect on Ely's much-needed revenue. Even more bizarre is that the market traders pay East Cambs District Council for the supply and support of the market stalls! I just can't support or understand this move.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Eight page enforcement notice wrapped round giant cuppa
- 2 Fire crews called to stables building blaze
- 3 'Support this local attraction,’ MP urges on museum visit
- 4 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 5 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside
- 6 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 7 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 8 Caught on camera: milk thieves strike in the city
- 9 Ely Museum team member retires after 16 years' service
- 10 9 hidden gems of East Anglia by rail from Cambridgeshire