Plan For Market Stalls Will Affect Trade In Ely
ON Saturday, I was told by a stall holder on Ely Market that in April the district council is to withdraw its support for supplying stalls for market traders.As most, if not all traders, haven t the room to carry their own stands, it will mean they w
ON Saturday, I was told by a stall holder on Ely Market that in April the district council is to withdraw its support for supplying stalls for market traders.
As most, if not all traders, haven't the room to carry their own stands, it will mean they will no longer come to Ely to trade. If that happens local and non-local people will go elsewhere and it will have an adverse affect on Ely's much-needed revenue. Even more bizarre is that the market traders pay East Cambs District Council for the supply and support of the market stalls! I just can't support or understand this move.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council
- 2 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 3 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 4 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 5 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 6 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 7 Railways to royalty - a nostalgic look at Ely and Cambridgeshire
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of assault
- 9 Watch as police smash their way into suspected drug dealer’s flat
- 10 Residents reminisce as they dance, drink and get tattoos