Plan For Market Stalls Will Affect Trade In Ely
ON Saturday, I was told by a stall holder on Ely Market that in April the district council is to withdraw its support for supplying stalls for market traders.As most, if not all traders, haven t the room to carry their own stands, it will mean they w
ON Saturday, I was told by a stall holder on Ely Market that in April the district council is to withdraw its support for supplying stalls for market traders.
As most, if not all traders, haven't the room to carry their own stands, it will mean they will no longer come to Ely to trade. If that happens local and non-local people will go elsewhere and it will have an adverse affect on Ely's much-needed revenue. Even more bizarre is that the market traders pay East Cambs District Council for the supply and support of the market stalls! I just can't support or understand this move.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Son's touching tribute: 'My father fought with passion for that in which he believed'
- 4 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 5 Man named following fatal collision
- 6 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 7 Ex-councillor launches 'one million steps' charity challenge
- 8 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 9 Ambulance charity first in East to transfer Covid-19 patients by air