Pl plan must be right
I READ with interest the article n the sprts hall and swimming pl planned fr Dwnham Rad. What a great idea. This des, hwever, have the typical hallmarks f an Ely prject stamped all ver the plans. Fr nce, please, can the lcal cuncil and t
I READ with interest the article n the sprts hall and swimming pl planned fr Dwnham Rad. What a great idea. This des, hwever, have the typical hallmarks f an Ely prject stamped all ver the plans.
Fr nce, please, can the lcal cuncil and ther authrities get it right. On this ccasin, please, please build smething decent, smething Ely needs. Let us have a leisure pl with slides and flumes, smething fr the families, and a full-size pl. A multi screen cinema and everything else that cmes with the cmplex.
Or children are bred, the swimming pl is rubbish, they d nt like Ely Cinema, and they need smething lcal.
Nt nly wuld it serve Ely but all the villages and twns fr miles. The city is grwing, the families getting larger.
You may also want to watch:
In this day and age with all the cncern regarding climate change, cnsider the fact that families frm the area will nt be driving t ther twns at weekends, and that means less traffic n the A10 and ther rads. There is anther plus, it wuld create jbs, and these types f building create jbs fr schl leavers, students and part-time wrk.
With this in mind, als give it serius cnsideratin with the lcatin. Let us have it n the edge-f-twn, but with public transprt links, safe ftpaths, s peple feel safe walking r cycling t the lcatin.
- 1 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered
- 2 City’s first Asian grocery store coming to market place
- 3 Fire crews tackling woodland blaze carried pump and equipment 200 metres
- 4 Popular food delivery service Deliveroo launches in city this week
- 5 Transformation of empty offices into luxury flats well under way
- 6 Throwback to places and faces of Ely's past
- 7 Restaurant launches bright pink ‘selfie areas’ ahead of reopening
- 8 Jail for man caught carrying meat cleaver in public after missing tools argument
- 9 Person hit by train between Cambridge and Ely
- 10 Residents ‘left without a voice’ over anti-social car park behaviour
Cme n Ely let's get it right, s in a few years time we are nt wanting t build again.