Pl plan must be right
I READ with interest the article n the sprts hall and swimming pl planned fr Dwnham Rad. What a great idea. This des, hwever, have the typical hallmarks f an Ely prject stamped all ver the plans. Fr nce, please, can the lcal cuncil and t
I READ with interest the article n the sprts hall and swimming pl planned fr Dwnham Rad. What a great idea. This des, hwever, have the typical hallmarks f an Ely prject stamped all ver the plans.
Fr nce, please, can the lcal cuncil and ther authrities get it right. On this ccasin, please, please build smething decent, smething Ely needs. Let us have a leisure pl with slides and flumes, smething fr the families, and a full-size pl. A multi screen cinema and everything else that cmes with the cmplex.
Or children are bred, the swimming pl is rubbish, they d nt like Ely Cinema, and they need smething lcal.
Nt nly wuld it serve Ely but all the villages and twns fr miles. The city is grwing, the families getting larger.
In this day and age with all the cncern regarding climate change, cnsider the fact that families frm the area will nt be driving t ther twns at weekends, and that means less traffic n the A10 and ther rads. There is anther plus, it wuld create jbs, and these types f building create jbs fr schl leavers, students and part-time wrk.
With this in mind, als give it serius cnsideratin with the lcatin. Let us have it n the edge-f-twn, but with public transprt links, safe ftpaths, s peple feel safe walking r cycling t the lcatin.
- 1 Fire crews called to car fire on railway line
- 2 Car rolled in crash on A14
- 3 Councillor quits as voters get set for two Ely by-elections
- 4 Huntingdon and Peterborough hospitals bring back masks after rise in Covid numbers
- 5 MP officially begins new era for major UK supplier
- 6 Caravan site wants 10 new lodges to cope with demand
- 7 Man jealous of ex-wife's new relationship burnt down house
- 8 Drink-driver 'almost hit police car' in crash
- 9 Smoke plume in village near Cambridge thought to be car fire
- 10 Development plans submitted for next phase of Cambridge North
Cme n Ely let's get it right, s in a few years time we are nt wanting t build again.