Peace of mind
WE read so much about elderly people being abused in homes and hospitals and by carers that I felt that I must write to highlight the high level of care at Lily House in Ely. We were lucky enough to get my mother a room there when she began to need 24-ho
WE read so much about elderly people being abused in homes and hospitals and by carers that I felt that I must write to highlight the high level of care at Lily House in Ely.
We were lucky enough to get my mother a room there when she began to need 24-hour nursing and I have nothing but praise for the staff.
She was bathed regularly and, when she was well enough, she had her hair professionally washed and set. Her meals were ample and were attractively set out and she had a choice of menu every day.
Occasionally, an organist would come and play and I have had many a pleasant hour with her singing all the old songs. As well as this, there was a church service once a fortnight and many other activities.
When she became almost bed-ridden, the staff would sit and talk to her and stroke her hand.
Unfortunately, she died rather suddenly and I was unable to be there in time, but two of the staff sat with her until the end.
- 1 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 2 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
- 3 Girl, 7, left heartbroken after beloved rabbits are stolen
- 4 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 5 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 6 Recap: Severe disruption on Great Northern and Thameslink trains to London
- 7 Princess Anne waves from Range Rover after landing in Wisbech
- 8 Princess Anne visits Wisbech's new Citizens Advice Bureau on Cambs trip
- 9 Shoplifter who stole from store 10 times in five weeks handed CBO
- 10 Hand clinic offering additional type of treatment for arthritis sufferers
Bless you Lily House for the love and affection with which you surrounded my mother. You gave us peace of mind.
(Agnes Hubbard's daughter)