Peace of mind
WE read so much about elderly people being abused in homes and hospitals and by carers that I felt that I must write to highlight the high level of care at Lily House in Ely. We were lucky enough to get my mother a room there when she began to need 24-ho
WE read so much about elderly people being abused in homes and hospitals and by carers that I felt that I must write to highlight the high level of care at Lily House in Ely.
We were lucky enough to get my mother a room there when she began to need 24-hour nursing and I have nothing but praise for the staff.
She was bathed regularly and, when she was well enough, she had her hair professionally washed and set. Her meals were ample and were attractively set out and she had a choice of menu every day.
Occasionally, an organist would come and play and I have had many a pleasant hour with her singing all the old songs. As well as this, there was a church service once a fortnight and many other activities.
You may also want to watch:
When she became almost bed-ridden, the staff would sit and talk to her and stroke her hand.
Unfortunately, she died rather suddenly and I was unable to be there in time, but two of the staff sat with her until the end.
- 1 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 2 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside
- 3 Caught on camera: milk thieves strike in the city
- 4 Eight page enforcement notice wrapped round giant cuppa
- 5 Ely Museum team member retires after 16 years' service
- 6 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 7 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 8 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in
- 9 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 10 'Every number is a lost life' - Worst Covid affected care homes in Cambs
Bless you Lily House for the love and affection with which you surrounded my mother. You gave us peace of mind.
(Agnes Hubbard's daughter)