Peace of mind
WE read so much about elderly people being abused in homes and hospitals and by carers that I felt that I must write to highlight the high level of care at Lily House in Ely. We were lucky enough to get my mother a room there when she began to need 24-ho
WE read so much about elderly people being abused in homes and hospitals and by carers that I felt that I must write to highlight the high level of care at Lily House in Ely.
We were lucky enough to get my mother a room there when she began to need 24-hour nursing and I have nothing but praise for the staff.
She was bathed regularly and, when she was well enough, she had her hair professionally washed and set. Her meals were ample and were attractively set out and she had a choice of menu every day.
Occasionally, an organist would come and play and I have had many a pleasant hour with her singing all the old songs. As well as this, there was a church service once a fortnight and many other activities.
When she became almost bed-ridden, the staff would sit and talk to her and stroke her hand.
Unfortunately, she died rather suddenly and I was unable to be there in time, but two of the staff sat with her until the end.
- 1 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 2 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 3 A10 dualling facing new challenges
- 4 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 5 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 6 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 7 New cycling and walking routes strategy approved by council
- 8 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 9 Princess Eugenie comes to town in bid to tackle modern slavery
- 10 OPINION: Soham Station fiasco about to come to a conclusion, or is it?
Bless you Lily House for the love and affection with which you surrounded my mother. You gave us peace of mind.
(Agnes Hubbard's daughter)