Path to cycle bridge is fine for buggies
SINCE I retired I have been able to enjoy cycling a good deal more than I could before. The opening of the Soham Downfields cycle bridge has made the journey from Fordham to Soham so much safer and more pleasant that I try to cycle whenever I can. The br
SINCE I retired I have been able to enjoy cycling a good deal more than I could before.
The opening of the Soham Downfields cycle bridge has made the journey from Fordham to Soham so much safer and more pleasant that I try to cycle whenever I can.
The bridge may not be heavily used but it is used.
I have met other cyclists there and once met a former patient of mine on his electric buggy. He was admiring the view from the vantage point of the bridge which must be the highest piece of public ground for miles around. All you buggy users please note that the gradient is gentle enough for you.
You may also want to watch:
The wheelbarrow that Geoff Griggs spotted was sadly dumping garden stones on the embankment. They spilled down onto the path and made the journey hazardous. The landscapers have cleared it up but, please don't dump any more!
People I have met and tyre marks on the ground lead me to believe that the bridge is used regularly. Perhaps Mr Griggs does not spend enough time watching it. I am very grateful to the authorities for providing this excellent facility.
- 1 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered
- 2 City’s first Asian grocery store coming to market place
- 3 Fire crews tackling woodland blaze carried pump and equipment 200 metres
- 4 Popular food delivery service Deliveroo launches in city this week
- 5 Transformation of empty offices into luxury flats well under way
- 6 Throwback to places and faces of Ely's past
- 7 Restaurant launches bright pink ‘selfie areas’ ahead of reopening
- 8 Jail for man caught carrying meat cleaver in public after missing tools argument
- 9 Person hit by train between Cambridge and Ely
- 10 Residents ‘left without a voice’ over anti-social car park behaviour
Dr STEPHEN TAYLOR