Path to cycle bridge is fine for buggies
SINCE I retired I have been able to enjoy cycling a good deal more than I could before. The opening of the Soham Downfields cycle bridge has made the journey from Fordham to Soham so much safer and more pleasant that I try to cycle whenever I can. The br
SINCE I retired I have been able to enjoy cycling a good deal more than I could before.
The opening of the Soham Downfields cycle bridge has made the journey from Fordham to Soham so much safer and more pleasant that I try to cycle whenever I can.
The bridge may not be heavily used but it is used.
I have met other cyclists there and once met a former patient of mine on his electric buggy. He was admiring the view from the vantage point of the bridge which must be the highest piece of public ground for miles around. All you buggy users please note that the gradient is gentle enough for you.
The wheelbarrow that Geoff Griggs spotted was sadly dumping garden stones on the embankment. They spilled down onto the path and made the journey hazardous. The landscapers have cleared it up but, please don't dump any more!
People I have met and tyre marks on the ground lead me to believe that the bridge is used regularly. Perhaps Mr Griggs does not spend enough time watching it. I am very grateful to the authorities for providing this excellent facility.
- 1 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 2 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 3 A10 dualling facing new challenges
- 4 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 5 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 6 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 7 New cycling and walking routes strategy approved by council
- 8 Princess Eugenie comes to town in bid to tackle modern slavery
- 9 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 10 Christmas at Wimpole illuminated trail sparks into life as countdown begins
Dr STEPHEN TAYLOR