Path to cycle bridge is fine for buggies
SINCE I retired I have been able to enjoy cycling a good deal more than I could before. The opening of the Soham Downfields cycle bridge has made the journey from Fordham to Soham so much safer and more pleasant that I try to cycle whenever I can. The br
SINCE I retired I have been able to enjoy cycling a good deal more than I could before.
The opening of the Soham Downfields cycle bridge has made the journey from Fordham to Soham so much safer and more pleasant that I try to cycle whenever I can.
The bridge may not be heavily used but it is used.
I have met other cyclists there and once met a former patient of mine on his electric buggy. He was admiring the view from the vantage point of the bridge which must be the highest piece of public ground for miles around. All you buggy users please note that the gradient is gentle enough for you.
You may also want to watch:
The wheelbarrow that Geoff Griggs spotted was sadly dumping garden stones on the embankment. They spilled down onto the path and made the journey hazardous. The landscapers have cleared it up but, please don't dump any more!
People I have met and tyre marks on the ground lead me to believe that the bridge is used regularly. Perhaps Mr Griggs does not spend enough time watching it. I am very grateful to the authorities for providing this excellent facility.
- 1 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 2 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside
- 3 Caught on camera: milk thieves strike in the city
- 4 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 5 Ely Museum team member retires after 16 years' service
- 6 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 7 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 8 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in
- 9 'Every number is a lost life' - Worst Covid affected care homes in Cambs
- 10 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
Dr STEPHEN TAYLOR