Parking idea’ must go further
IN reference to Paul Hopi s letter suggesting demolishing the cathedral for parking space. I have a better idea. Convert the cathedral into a three-storey indoor car park, attaching a super conservatory to the cathedral so hatching/ matching/despatching
IN reference to Paul Hopi's letter suggesting demolishing the cathedral for parking space. I have a better idea.
Convert the cathedral into a three-storey indoor car park, attaching a super conservatory to the cathedral so "hatching/ matching/despatching" continues almost unabated.
In that manner, perhaps in 75 years time some kind soul may come "down to earth" wishing to revert the cathedral to its former glory and cheerfully find himself with at least an outside chance of accomplishing this.
This letter, and I feel sure Mr Hopi's letter, got into print very much tongue-in-cheek, though it is a sad fact that all too many people in this day and age would implement our suggestions at a drop of a hat given the go-ahead.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 100mph, 20-minute police pursuit ends with a crash – and later with jail
- 2 Jail for paedophile who booked hotel to abuse three children
- 3 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 4 Christmas lights switch-on event cancelled over 'Covid uncertainty'
- 5 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 6 Bomb scare was a 'hoax' say police
- 7 Boris offers MP Lucy Frazer new role in reshuffle
- 8 Villagers team up to honour 'a real character'
- 9 Perfect end for captain Malvin after regional final glory
- 10 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled