Parking idea’ must go further
IN reference to Paul Hopi s letter suggesting demolishing the cathedral for parking space. I have a better idea. Convert the cathedral into a three-storey indoor car park, attaching a super conservatory to the cathedral so hatching/ matching/despatching
IN reference to Paul Hopi's letter suggesting demolishing the cathedral for parking space. I have a better idea.
Convert the cathedral into a three-storey indoor car park, attaching a super conservatory to the cathedral so "hatching/ matching/despatching" continues almost unabated.
In that manner, perhaps in 75 years time some kind soul may come "down to earth" wishing to revert the cathedral to its former glory and cheerfully find himself with at least an outside chance of accomplishing this.
This letter, and I feel sure Mr Hopi's letter, got into print very much tongue-in-cheek, though it is a sad fact that all too many people in this day and age would implement our suggestions at a drop of a hat given the go-ahead.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Jail for man caught carrying meat cleaver in public after missing tools argument
- 2 Residents ‘left without a voice’ over anti-social car park behaviour
- 3 Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 Rainbow house brightens up lockdown
- 5 Sheep saved after taking short-cut on busy rail line
- 6 Freemasons make cash donation to support hospital cancer patients
- 7 Open-air museum due to reopen as lockdown eases
- 8 Person hit by train between Cambridge and Ely
- 9 Wildlife-loving boy, 9, saves six abandoned ducklings
- 10 Council removes anti-Semitic graffiti in Ely