Parking idea’ must go further
IN reference to Paul Hopi s letter suggesting demolishing the cathedral for parking space. I have a better idea. Convert the cathedral into a three-storey indoor car park, attaching a super conservatory to the cathedral so hatching/ matching/despatching
IN reference to Paul Hopi's letter suggesting demolishing the cathedral for parking space. I have a better idea.
Convert the cathedral into a three-storey indoor car park, attaching a super conservatory to the cathedral so "hatching/ matching/despatching" continues almost unabated.
In that manner, perhaps in 75 years time some kind soul may come "down to earth" wishing to revert the cathedral to its former glory and cheerfully find himself with at least an outside chance of accomplishing this.
This letter, and I feel sure Mr Hopi's letter, got into print very much tongue-in-cheek, though it is a sad fact that all too many people in this day and age would implement our suggestions at a drop of a hat given the go-ahead.
- 1 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 2 Petition launched to save village pub
- 3 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 4 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 5 Father accused of baby girl's murder 'had short fuse and made things up'
- 6 Unearthed treasures to be displayed outside British Museum for first time
- 7 Izzy, 16, bids to kickstart female football revolution with new team
- 8 'Our dog was our motivation’ - couple behind organic dog treats business
- 9 Gay tweet pastor claims 'constructive dismissal' as school caretaker
- 10 Father accused of baby daughter's murder gave her squash, court told