Parking charges introduced elsewhere have had little effect on shops
HOW pleasant it was to read the real story behind the car parking charges from Jeremy Friend-Smith and Rupert Moss-Eccardt as opposed to the Tory trivia touted by the politicking Bradney family.
Surely a period of silence is required now from Matt Bradney - it was he after all who spearheaded the misguided bus which runs from Huntingdon to Cambridge and cost the taxpayer £181million!
There have been car parking charges in Saffron Walden, Essex, and Marlborough, Wiltshire, for many years though the effect on shops is marginal.
If councillors really wish to represent us then they should refuse any more applications for new housing estates in this district unless there is enough parking for two or more cars in every driveway and wider streets for visitor parking, or a double garage which can take a Volvo and not a Mini.
Councillors have the power in their own hands to sort out these ongoing problems - and on 2 May we the electorate have the power to vote them in or out of office.
You may also want to watch:
John Amner Close
- 1 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside
- 2 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 3 Cash stolen and till broken in fourth break-in at Co-op store in four months
- 4 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 5 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 6 144 runners and 29 volunteers: First parkrun back is a huge success
- 7 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 8 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 9 Superb acting, singing and dancing at KD Theatre musical
- 10 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing