Parking charges introduced elsewhere have had little effect on shops
HOW pleasant it was to read the real story behind the car parking charges from Jeremy Friend-Smith and Rupert Moss-Eccardt as opposed to the Tory trivia touted by the politicking Bradney family.
Surely a period of silence is required now from Matt Bradney - it was he after all who spearheaded the misguided bus which runs from Huntingdon to Cambridge and cost the taxpayer £181million!
There have been car parking charges in Saffron Walden, Essex, and Marlborough, Wiltshire, for many years though the effect on shops is marginal.
If councillors really wish to represent us then they should refuse any more applications for new housing estates in this district unless there is enough parking for two or more cars in every driveway and wider streets for visitor parking, or a double garage which can take a Volvo and not a Mini.
Councillors have the power in their own hands to sort out these ongoing problems - and on 2 May we the electorate have the power to vote them in or out of office.
You may also want to watch:
John Amner Close
- 1 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 2 Fears for historic vicarage council fought to save
- 3 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 4 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 5 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered
- 6 Large illegal knife and 45 cannabis plants found in police raid
- 7 Former homeless recreate ‘Lunch atop a Skyscraper’ photograph
- 8 City’s first Asian grocery store coming to market place
- 9 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 10 College and sixth form's 'gold' rating for 'outstanding' mental health provision