Paint the line
I HAVE noticed that on the B1411 between Ely and Little Downham we have a white line on the side of the grass verge (green grass, grey road) then on the other side we have a nice wide path and kerb, which is all the same colour as the road and no white li
I HAVE noticed that on the B1411 between Ely and Little Downham we have a white line on the side of the grass verge (green grass, grey road) then on the other side we have a nice wide path and kerb, which is all the same colour as the road and no white line. so when it's dark and wet and someone's coming the other way you cannot tell where the road ends and the path starts.
I thought it was me, but it seems I am not the only one who thinks so, especially if you ride a motorcycle/moped.
Are we waiting for someone to clip the kerb and slide off the road or worse still into someone coming the other way? Then, someone in high authority will turn round and say they must have been speeding and the next thing will be speed cameras and a 30mph speed limit all the way to Ely.
So come on the Highways Agency, let's have a white line before someone has an accident now the nights are dark.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 2 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 3 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 4 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 5 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 6 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 7 Hundreds sign petition in support of pub's cup of positivi-tea
- 8 10-year-old's sponsored hair cut for Little Princess Trust
- 9 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 10 Post-Latitude covid has made me realise pandemic has a long way to go