Paint the line
I HAVE noticed that on the B1411 between Ely and Little Downham we have a white line on the side of the grass verge (green grass, grey road) then on the other side we have a nice wide path and kerb, which is all the same colour as the road and no white li
I HAVE noticed that on the B1411 between Ely and Little Downham we have a white line on the side of the grass verge (green grass, grey road) then on the other side we have a nice wide path and kerb, which is all the same colour as the road and no white line. so when it's dark and wet and someone's coming the other way you cannot tell where the road ends and the path starts.
I thought it was me, but it seems I am not the only one who thinks so, especially if you ride a motorcycle/moped.
Are we waiting for someone to clip the kerb and slide off the road or worse still into someone coming the other way? Then, someone in high authority will turn round and say they must have been speeding and the next thing will be speed cameras and a 30mph speed limit all the way to Ely.
So come on the Highways Agency, let's have a white line before someone has an accident now the nights are dark.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 2 Fears for historic vicarage council fought to save
- 3 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 4 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 5 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered
- 6 Large illegal knife and 45 cannabis plants found in police raid
- 7 Former homeless recreate ‘Lunch atop a Skyscraper’ photograph
- 8 City’s first Asian grocery store coming to market place
- 9 College and sixth form's 'gold' rating for 'outstanding' mental health provision
- 10 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role