Oyez! I’ll return
I AM Ely s town crier and I would like to thank everyone who has sent me flowers, cards and best wishes following my recent accident which led to extensive surgery to my right wrist and hand. I also wish to say how sorry I am that this injury prevented m
I AM Ely's town crier and I would like to thank everyone who has sent me flowers, cards and best wishes following my recent accident which led to extensive surgery to my right wrist and hand.
I also wish to say how sorry I am that this injury prevented me from attending the usual Christmas activities as town crier, such as Ely Christmas lights, Littleport street fayre, St George's bazaar and greeting the Cathedral Express.
These are some of my favourite activities of the year and I so enjoy meeting local people, visitors and especially the children and promoting our great little city.
I hope to be back in action in the new year...I can still ring my bell with my left hand and my voice hasn't been affected....so in ringing tones. . .
"May I wish you all a very merry Christmas and a healthy and peaceful 2007...oyez!"
- 1 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 2 80 homes threaten access to ‘rural haven of rare beauty’
- 3 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 4 Woman wins right to build annexe to home
- 5 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 6 Big Christmas lights switch-on arrives
- 7 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 8 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 9 Frustration for Ely City is United's gain as unbeaten home run ends
- 10 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
(and bell-minder Graham)