Oyez! I’ll return
I AM Ely s town crier and I would like to thank everyone who has sent me flowers, cards and best wishes following my recent accident which led to extensive surgery to my right wrist and hand. I also wish to say how sorry I am that this injury prevented m
I AM Ely's town crier and I would like to thank everyone who has sent me flowers, cards and best wishes following my recent accident which led to extensive surgery to my right wrist and hand.
I also wish to say how sorry I am that this injury prevented me from attending the usual Christmas activities as town crier, such as Ely Christmas lights, Littleport street fayre, St George's bazaar and greeting the Cathedral Express.
These are some of my favourite activities of the year and I so enjoy meeting local people, visitors and especially the children and promoting our great little city.
I hope to be back in action in the new year...I can still ring my bell with my left hand and my voice hasn't been affected....so in ringing tones. . .
You may also want to watch:
"May I wish you all a very merry Christmas and a healthy and peaceful 2007...oyez!"
- 1 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 2 Fears for historic vicarage council fought to save
- 3 Large illegal knife and 45 cannabis plants found in police raid
- 4 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 5 Photo memories of the late Prince Philip projected onto house
- 6 College and sixth form's 'gold' rating for 'outstanding' mental health provision
- 7 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered
- 8 City’s first Asian grocery store coming to market place
- 9 Transformation of empty offices into luxury flats well under way
- 10 WATCH: One minute silence to honour the Duke
(and bell-minder Graham)