Oyez! I’ll return
I AM Ely s town crier and I would like to thank everyone who has sent me flowers, cards and best wishes following my recent accident which led to extensive surgery to my right wrist and hand. I also wish to say how sorry I am that this injury prevented m
I AM Ely's town crier and I would like to thank everyone who has sent me flowers, cards and best wishes following my recent accident which led to extensive surgery to my right wrist and hand.
I also wish to say how sorry I am that this injury prevented me from attending the usual Christmas activities as town crier, such as Ely Christmas lights, Littleport street fayre, St George's bazaar and greeting the Cathedral Express.
These are some of my favourite activities of the year and I so enjoy meeting local people, visitors and especially the children and promoting our great little city.
I hope to be back in action in the new year...I can still ring my bell with my left hand and my voice hasn't been affected....so in ringing tones. . .
"May I wish you all a very merry Christmas and a healthy and peaceful 2007...oyez!"
- 1 Smoke plume in village near Cambridge thought to be car fire
- 2 Warwick Davis and daughter Annabelle cut the ribbon at special opening
- 3 Cambridgeshire man kicked and headbutted police officers
- 4 Stansted Airport and Cambridge trains disrupted after tree falls on tracks
- 5 Have your say on proposed commercial development in Ely
- 6 Casualty treated for smoke inhalation following house fire
- 7 Threat to cancel or 'indefinitely pause' £450m Ely rail upgrade
- 8 IN PICTURES: Wills and Kate visit Cambridgeshire's first County Day
- 9 Duke and Duchess of Cambridge arrive in Newmarket for Cambs County Day
- 10 Retiring café owner desperate not to see shop 'back at square one'
(and bell-minder Graham)