Oyez! I’ll return
I AM Ely s town crier and I would like to thank everyone who has sent me flowers, cards and best wishes following my recent accident which led to extensive surgery to my right wrist and hand. I also wish to say how sorry I am that this injury prevented m
I AM Ely's town crier and I would like to thank everyone who has sent me flowers, cards and best wishes following my recent accident which led to extensive surgery to my right wrist and hand.
I also wish to say how sorry I am that this injury prevented me from attending the usual Christmas activities as town crier, such as Ely Christmas lights, Littleport street fayre, St George's bazaar and greeting the Cathedral Express.
These are some of my favourite activities of the year and I so enjoy meeting local people, visitors and especially the children and promoting our great little city.
I hope to be back in action in the new year...I can still ring my bell with my left hand and my voice hasn't been affected....so in ringing tones. . .
You may also want to watch:
"May I wish you all a very merry Christmas and a healthy and peaceful 2007...oyez!"
- 1 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 2 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 3 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 4 SAS ‘original’ Reg Seekings to feature in book
- 5 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 6 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 7 Town rallies in fight for new hospital
- 8 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 9 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 10 ‘Distressed cries’ of beagles fuel animal research unit protest
(and bell-minder Graham)