Our incomplete estate
MORE than three years ago we moved into the new Merival estate (off St John s Road, Ely). We were told by the developers that a landscape buffer zone would be completed soon after. The purpose of this buffer is to reduce the amount of road noise from th
MORE than three years ago we moved into the new Merival estate (off St John's Road, Ely). We were told by the developers that a landscape buffer zone would be completed soon after. The purpose of this 'buffer' is to reduce the amount of road noise from the A10 that runs parallel to our houses.
To this day nothing has been done.
A few residents, including myself, have contacted the developers and the local council for answers to this lack of commitment, but all have made broken promises.
This and other unfinished areas of the estate would make interesting reading for people whose lives have been affected by developer's marketing strategies.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Holiday park 'honoured' to host Cambridge Boat Race teams
- 2 Cambridgeshire mourns death of HRH Prince Philip, The Duke of Edinburgh
- 3 Museum shares historical photos of Ely Market and its royal visitors
- 4 Person hit by train between Cambridge and Ely
- 5 Youngsters finally get their wish thanks to new goalposts
- 6 'Lot wrong' but opponents admit concrete plant expansion defeat
- 7 Rats spotted around overflowing bins in Ely
- 8 12 exciting new businesses to discover when lockdown restrictions ease
- 9 'Cash strapped' force picks up bill for 120 Boat Race police
- 10 Counsellor moves practise outdoors with ‘Walk and Talk Sessions’