Our incomplete estate
MORE than three years ago we moved into the new Merival estate (off St John s Road, Ely). We were told by the developers that a landscape buffer zone would be completed soon after. The purpose of this buffer is to reduce the amount of road noise from th
MORE than three years ago we moved into the new Merival estate (off St John's Road, Ely). We were told by the developers that a landscape buffer zone would be completed soon after. The purpose of this 'buffer' is to reduce the amount of road noise from the A10 that runs parallel to our houses.
To this day nothing has been done.
A few residents, including myself, have contacted the developers and the local council for answers to this lack of commitment, but all have made broken promises.
This and other unfinished areas of the estate would make interesting reading for people whose lives have been affected by developer's marketing strategies.
- 1 Councils bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 2 OPINION: Soham Station fiasco about to come to a conclusion, or is it?
- 3 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 4 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 5 Village life, magistrate in court for failing to clear snow and forced landing
- 6 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 7 Auditor who fell ill on eve of farmgate report not returning to council
- 8 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 9 Check before you travel ahead of major upgrade, commuters warned
- 10 1,800 enjoy free Christmas day out at Ely’s ‘hidden gem’