Our Beautiful Dog Was Attacked During A Visit To Ely
ON Friday, April 24 while we were visiting Ely Cathedral and a member of our family was walking our beautiful and placid whippet Barley on his lead and to heel. When they went into the precinct towards Wilkinsons, Barley was subjected to an unprovoked and
ON Friday, April 24 while we were visiting Ely Cathedral and a member of our family was walking our beautiful and placid whippet Barley on his lead and to heel. When they went into the precinct towards Wilkinsons, Barley was subjected to an unprovoked and vicious attack by a black dog. Barley's walker did his very best to rescue Barley and the black dog was eventually dragged off by its owner. The dog came from a group of three men, one was a Big Issue seller. Firstly, we would like to thank all those who helped us, including the people at the cathedral and the Tourist Information centre and especially to the Isle Small Animal Veterinary Centre where Barley had surgery.
Secondly, may we suggest that the folk and traders of Ely can ill afford the loss of reputation and valuable custom through such behaviour and actions. We realise that all places have unfortunate subcultures; however, we also have been made aware that attacks by this black dog are not unusual and we have now paid the price for its owner's lack of control being tolerated locally.
The next day, we cut our holiday short and returned to Dorset where Barley is recovering. We have reported this matter to the police in Ely. We wish the people of Ely well and hope you are able to sort out the anti-social behaviour which badly taints such a lovely place.
MICHAEL and JANE BESWICK
- 1 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 2 New shop already 'exceeded expectations' after strong opening day
- 3 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 4 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall
- 5 Nuisance caller flouted court order day after prison release
- 6 Magpas Air Ambulance doctor, Anne, shortlisted for national award
- 7 Best Indian in CAMBRIDGESHIRE even though award says best in NORFOLK
- 8 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?
- 9 Arts centre gets £25,000 post-Covid lifeline
- 10 Everything you need to know about Ely Cathedral's Christmas Gift & Food Fair 2021