Our Beautiful Dog Was Attacked During A Visit To Ely
ON Friday, April 24 while we were visiting Ely Cathedral and a member of our family was walking our beautiful and placid whippet Barley on his lead and to heel. When they went into the precinct towards Wilkinsons, Barley was subjected to an unprovoked and
ON Friday, April 24 while we were visiting Ely Cathedral and a member of our family was walking our beautiful and placid whippet Barley on his lead and to heel. When they went into the precinct towards Wilkinsons, Barley was subjected to an unprovoked and vicious attack by a black dog. Barley's walker did his very best to rescue Barley and the black dog was eventually dragged off by its owner. The dog came from a group of three men, one was a Big Issue seller. Firstly, we would like to thank all those who helped us, including the people at the cathedral and the Tourist Information centre and especially to the Isle Small Animal Veterinary Centre where Barley had surgery.
Secondly, may we suggest that the folk and traders of Ely can ill afford the loss of reputation and valuable custom through such behaviour and actions. We realise that all places have unfortunate subcultures; however, we also have been made aware that attacks by this black dog are not unusual and we have now paid the price for its owner's lack of control being tolerated locally.
The next day, we cut our holiday short and returned to Dorset where Barley is recovering. We have reported this matter to the police in Ely. We wish the people of Ely well and hope you are able to sort out the anti-social behaviour which badly taints such a lovely place.
MICHAEL and JANE BESWICK
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside
- 2 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 3 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 4 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 5 Cash stolen and till broken in fourth break-in at Co-op store in four months
- 6 Caught on camera: milk thieves strike in the city
- 7 144 runners and 29 volunteers: First parkrun back is a huge success
- 8 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 9 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 10 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online