Our 32-year-old pony was attacked by Staffordshire bull terrier whilst grazing in Fordham paddock
MAY we through your newspaper thank all the people who have expressed their concern and best wishes towards our 32-year-old pony which suffered a vicious attack by a Staffordshire bull terrier last month whilst grazing in a paddock.
We would also like to thank David Scott of the Isle Veterinary Centre in Ely for his prompt attendance to treat Rocky, who suffered injuries to his face and neck and a pierced vein in his neck that was bleeding profusely, and to his team for their support.
Rocky is on the road to recovery.
However, we would like to stress that should anybody find themselves in a position where their animal has carried out a serious attack on another animal to please try to find out who the animal belongs to or contact a vet.
Don’t walk away and leave an animal suffering.
THE HOUGHTON FAMILY
- 1 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 2 'Normally unacceptable' barn demolition wins green light
- 3 Shoplifter who stole from store 10 times in five weeks handed CBO
- 4 Motorcyclist caught ‘speeding over 100mph’ past police near Ely
- 5 Ely Heroes winner, Alison, attends royal garden party after three-year wait
- 6 Man in his 40s suffers ‘life-changing injuries’ in major crash on A14
- 7 Pupils ensure 'Eel-izabeth' comes to life for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 8 'It's a gem of an untold story' - Ely author, Ellee shares new novel
- 9 New March station will 'help people to use petrol and diesel cars less'
- 10 Museum to mark first anniversary in ‘new Old Gaol’ this weekend