One pharmacy is enough near St George’s Surgery in Littleport
I find it very unfair that work on the new pharmacy in Parsons Lane, Littleport, once a pleasantly done-up property in a residential area, has almost been completed before even getting permission.
I do understand that it had been a shop in the past but having lived opposite for the past seven years it has never been anything but residential.
This property is on a nasty bend with a road junction. It is a very busy main school route and I am sure there are far more children attending since this property was last used as a shop.
Parking for Limes close is also overused and tends to creep into Parsons Lane as it is.
I will admit that I am biased as this business will be opposite my bedroom windows. The thought of car doors banging seven days a week and late at night when it has always been residential is not what I want.
You may also want to watch:
But I am sure this pharmacy would be better in the main street.
I understand Lloyds has asked for permission to move to St George’s Surgery, which is a good idea as there is plenty of parking.
- 1 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 2 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 3 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 4 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 5 Amazing escape for driver in A11 crash
- 6 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 7 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 8 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 9 Mayor's ‘hop-on hop-off' public travel revolution
- 10 Sex offender caught with 76 of most serious child abuse photos
Do we really need another pharmacy so close by?