One pharmacy is enough near St George’s Surgery in Littleport
I find it very unfair that work on the new pharmacy in Parsons Lane, Littleport, once a pleasantly done-up property in a residential area, has almost been completed before even getting permission.
I do understand that it had been a shop in the past but having lived opposite for the past seven years it has never been anything but residential.
This property is on a nasty bend with a road junction. It is a very busy main school route and I am sure there are far more children attending since this property was last used as a shop.
Parking for Limes close is also overused and tends to creep into Parsons Lane as it is.
I will admit that I am biased as this business will be opposite my bedroom windows. The thought of car doors banging seven days a week and late at night when it has always been residential is not what I want.
You may also want to watch:
But I am sure this pharmacy would be better in the main street.
I understand Lloyds has asked for permission to move to St George’s Surgery, which is a good idea as there is plenty of parking.
- 1 Tea rooms may become a bedsit
- 2 Parish council protests after developers switch care home for homes
- 3 OBE for former King's Ely principal
- 4 Charity shop ‘urgently appealing’ for volunteers after reopening
- 5 Van overturns after striking Ely’s infamous ‘most bashed bridge’
- 6 Parish council fails to win vote of confidence
- 7 'Harassment' forces village speedwatch team to close
- 8 'A crash waiting to happen' say police
- 9 Ely’s most famous cat is back for more adventures
- 10 Woman claims police officer ‘forced himself’ upon her
Do we really need another pharmacy so close by?