On the way to Forum
TONIGHT (Thursday) the Soham Town Forum is holding its annual open meeting in the Community Lounge at Lodeside, from 7.30pm. You might wonder just what the Forum gets up to and what its function is. I ve been to several meetings and I still wonder at tim
TONIGHT (Thursday) the Soham Town Forum is holding its annual open meeting in the Community Lounge at Lodeside, from 7.30pm.
You might wonder just what the Forum gets up to and what its function is. I've been to several meetings and I still wonder at times, but we can all see what they've achieved in the last 12 months if we nip along to the open meeting tonight.
One of the things that they have been working on is getting the railway station opened again.
Some would have you believe that it never functioned after the war-time explosion, but those of us who enjoyed day trips to Hunstanton in the 50s and 60s know better.
The Soham to Hunstanton trip had stations at both ends, now neither exists. If proof of the post-war Soham station is needed it is available at the library. There is a collection of photographs of the railways around the town in a large frame including several of the station and the shed from which the papers were distributed.
- 1 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 2 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 3 Firm announces acquisition of independent planning firm
- 4 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 5 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 6 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 7 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 8 Rudolph the red phone box reindeer arrives in village
- 9 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 10 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks