On the way to Forum
TONIGHT (Thursday) the Soham Town Forum is holding its annual open meeting in the Community Lounge at Lodeside, from 7.30pm. You might wonder just what the Forum gets up to and what its function is. I ve been to several meetings and I still wonder at tim
TONIGHT (Thursday) the Soham Town Forum is holding its annual open meeting in the Community Lounge at Lodeside, from 7.30pm.
You might wonder just what the Forum gets up to and what its function is. I've been to several meetings and I still wonder at times, but we can all see what they've achieved in the last 12 months if we nip along to the open meeting tonight.
One of the things that they have been working on is getting the railway station opened again.
Some would have you believe that it never functioned after the war-time explosion, but those of us who enjoyed day trips to Hunstanton in the 50s and 60s know better.
You may also want to watch:
The Soham to Hunstanton trip had stations at both ends, now neither exists. If proof of the post-war Soham station is needed it is available at the library. There is a collection of photographs of the railways around the town in a large frame including several of the station and the shed from which the papers were distributed.
- 1 20 travelling families park illegally at rugby club
- 2 Club shuts its doors after illegal encampment spotted
- 3 Councillors praised for 'tireless' illegal encampment work
- 4 Former deputy mayor wants to move Newmarket to Cambridgeshire
- 5 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 6 Glamping site granted drinks licence despite neighbours' protests
- 7 Annual classic car show returns to Ely
- 8 East Cambs could be getting five new walking routes
- 9 Book tickets for brewery’s summer jazz party
- 10 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment