On-street parking enforcement is badly needed in Ely
IT’S not that the pay for parking in Ely is now completely out of the question, on-street especially.
It seems that taxis park anywhere they like in Market Street and High Street,
Hardly anyone bothers to park correctly, either in the allotted spaces or loading spaces, choosing to abandon the cars at 45-degree angles so large trucks are driving on the footpath to get past.
Then we come to the pedestrian area. Is this now reserved for estate agents? It is getting more dangerous to walk in this area as it is constantly used as a rat run/short cut and parking area.
One of the benefits that were lost in the parking proposals was on-street parking enforcement. This was something badly needed in Ely.
You may also want to watch:
Also, congratulations Sir Jim Paice. It’s about time the extortionate price of fuel was questioned in East Cambs. I hope his campaign for a better deal is successful.
Maybe if Sainsbury’s had an outlet things may have been different.
- 1 Outcry over new road which will pass through woodland
- 2 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 3 Tyler Goodjohn ready to enter lion's den in world title bid
- 4 You can now watch Ely Cathedral’s rare Peregrine Falcons live 24/7
- 5 'Dedicated' PCSO retires after 12 years amid force funding cuts
- 6 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 7 Letters: How could we afford 120 police officers for boat race?
- 8 Motorcycle firm gearing up to show off lockdown project
- 9 Government plans at-home tablet to 'stop the virus in its tracks'
- 10 COLUMN: 'Expansion' the future for Ely rowing club