On-street parking enforcement is badly needed in Ely
IT’S not that the pay for parking in Ely is now completely out of the question, on-street especially.
It seems that taxis park anywhere they like in Market Street and High Street,
Hardly anyone bothers to park correctly, either in the allotted spaces or loading spaces, choosing to abandon the cars at 45-degree angles so large trucks are driving on the footpath to get past.
Then we come to the pedestrian area. Is this now reserved for estate agents? It is getting more dangerous to walk in this area as it is constantly used as a rat run/short cut and parking area.
One of the benefits that were lost in the parking proposals was on-street parking enforcement. This was something badly needed in Ely.
Also, congratulations Sir Jim Paice. It’s about time the extortionate price of fuel was questioned in East Cambs. I hope his campaign for a better deal is successful.
Maybe if Sainsbury’s had an outlet things may have been different.
- 1 Smoke plume in village near Cambridge thought to be car fire
- 2 Warwick Davis and daughter Annabelle cut the ribbon at special opening
- 3 Stansted Airport and Cambridge trains disrupted after tree falls on tracks
- 4 Cambridgeshire man kicked and headbutted police officers
- 5 Have your say on proposed commercial development in Ely
- 6 Casualty treated for smoke inhalation following house fire
- 7 Threat to cancel or 'indefinitely pause' £450m Ely rail upgrade
- 8 IN PICTURES: Wills and Kate visit Cambridgeshire's first County Day
- 9 Retiring café owner desperate not to see shop 'back at square one'
- 10 Duke and Duchess of Cambridge arrive in Newmarket for Cambs County Day