Now it’s time for action
OK, we ve established that a lot of people reckon that the church hall shouldn t be demolished and sold off for housing. So what can be done? With the church council charging as fast as it can towards a sale, whatever action is needed is needed pretty qu
OK, we've established that a lot of people reckon that the church hall shouldn't be demolished and sold off for housing.
So what can be done? With the church council charging as fast as it can towards a sale, whatever action is needed is needed pretty quickly.
There were about 2,000 signatories on the petition and £500,000 is needed to secure the site. A quick calculation tells us that if each of the concerned townspeople comes up with £250 they could buy the land for the town.
Then the long slog begins to raise a lot more cash to build a new hall, but at least the land would have been saved. Of course, a proper document needs to be drawn up to safeguard the investment and its future, but there are brains enough in the town to do that.
So, if all these people are serious about the campaign, put your money where your petition is and let's see some instant action.
- 1 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 2 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 3 Christmas at Wimpole illuminated trail sparks into life as countdown begins
- 4 A10 dualling facing new challenges
- 5 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 6 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 7 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 8 Rough sleeping injunctions are ‘positive’ say council
- 9 Big Christmas lights switch-on arrives
- 10 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series