Now it’s time for action
OK, we ve established that a lot of people reckon that the church hall shouldn t be demolished and sold off for housing. So what can be done? With the church council charging as fast as it can towards a sale, whatever action is needed is needed pretty qu
OK, we've established that a lot of people reckon that the church hall shouldn't be demolished and sold off for housing.
So what can be done? With the church council charging as fast as it can towards a sale, whatever action is needed is needed pretty quickly.
There were about 2,000 signatories on the petition and £500,000 is needed to secure the site. A quick calculation tells us that if each of the concerned townspeople comes up with £250 they could buy the land for the town.
Then the long slog begins to raise a lot more cash to build a new hall, but at least the land would have been saved. Of course, a proper document needs to be drawn up to safeguard the investment and its future, but there are brains enough in the town to do that.
You may also want to watch:
So, if all these people are serious about the campaign, put your money where your petition is and let's see some instant action.
- 1 Hundreds sign petition in support of pub's cup of positivi-tea
- 2 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 3 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 4 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 5 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 6 Fire crews called to stables building blaze
- 7 Photographer Dan flies high after winning national competition
- 8 Handcuffed duo prepare to make London Marathon history
- 9 What are the outstanding and good schools in Cambridgeshire?
- 10 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named