Nothing needed fixing
WHAT a mess... first of all, where are the clear instructions on signposts telling us all what we can and can t do anymore? We used to leave the car in Forehill car park Monday to Friday, 7pm to 8am. Now we don t know what to do. And as for the mayor, he
WHAT a mess... first of all, where are the clear instructions on signposts telling us all what we can and can't do anymore?
We used to leave the car in Forehill car park Monday to Friday, 7pm to 8am. Now we don't know what to do.
And as for the mayor, he's a disgrace. We all know which side his bread is buttered thanks to his comments on business rates vs Council Tax, and as for the comment about the £8,000 garage...
The fact of the matter is that there was nothing broken that needed fixing and all of this turmoil has been caused by trying to get a few more shoppers into the centre of Ely on a Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
If the local council wants to turf all of us out of the city so that they can have the Grafton Centre, it needs to prepare for a fight.
This is the kind of thing that gives local government a bad name.
- 1 Restaurant launches bright pink ‘selfie areas’ ahead of reopening
- 2 Throwback to places and faces of Ely's past
- 3 Dispersal order to tackle aggressive begging, street drinking and thefts
- 4 Jail for man caught carrying meat cleaver in public after missing tools argument
- 5 Residents ‘left without a voice’ over anti-social car park behaviour
- 6 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered
- 7 Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 8 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 9 Boat club president inspires students days after race
- 10 Popular food delivery service Deliveroo launches in city this week