Not to late to save Pits
DESPITE a Woodland Tree Preservation Order that was served last year, the new owner at Roswell Pits has recently applied to ECDC to carry out further tree work to the remaining trees. This is of great concern. This is the same company that has been allow
DESPITE a Woodland Tree Preservation Order that was served last year, the new owner at Roswell Pits has recently applied to ECDC to carry out further tree work to the remaining trees.
This is of great concern. This is the same company that has been allowed to remove trees and pollard to develop the Cathedral Marina at the river with quite a devastating visual impact.
Work has continued slowly at Roswell Pits, even though much promised planning applications have never been submitted. A Certificate of Lawfulness was deemed indeterminable by ECDC, during which the new owner continued and now continues to potter away with his plans to eventually moor pleasure boats on the pit.
The shoreline is becoming more exposed, with a hard standing slowly being finished and water pipes and electricity cables have been established for some time and this has never been questioned or stopped as development! Is the new tree work application to clear paths, level off soil and remove over-hanging branches to clear the way for moorings of boats?. How long is this going to continue?
You may also want to watch:
Let us hope it's not too late to undo the mess at Roswell Pits and before the much-loved wildlife and some rare species start to move out.
- 1 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 2 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 3 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 4 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 5 Amazing escape for driver in A11 crash
- 6 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 7 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 8 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 9 Van driver in ‘life threatening condition’ after crash
- 10 Sex offender caught with 76 of most serious child abuse photos
(Local Campaigners for the Protection of Rural Ely (Ely Wildspace)