Not to late to save Pits
DESPITE a Woodland Tree Preservation Order that was served last year, the new owner at Roswell Pits has recently applied to ECDC to carry out further tree work to the remaining trees. This is of great concern. This is the same company that has been allow
DESPITE a Woodland Tree Preservation Order that was served last year, the new owner at Roswell Pits has recently applied to ECDC to carry out further tree work to the remaining trees.
This is of great concern. This is the same company that has been allowed to remove trees and pollard to develop the Cathedral Marina at the river with quite a devastating visual impact.
Work has continued slowly at Roswell Pits, even though much promised planning applications have never been submitted. A Certificate of Lawfulness was deemed indeterminable by ECDC, during which the new owner continued and now continues to potter away with his plans to eventually moor pleasure boats on the pit.
The shoreline is becoming more exposed, with a hard standing slowly being finished and water pipes and electricity cables have been established for some time and this has never been questioned or stopped as development! Is the new tree work application to clear paths, level off soil and remove over-hanging branches to clear the way for moorings of boats?. How long is this going to continue?
You may also want to watch:
Let us hope it's not too late to undo the mess at Roswell Pits and before the much-loved wildlife and some rare species start to move out.
- 1 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 2 Fears for historic vicarage council fought to save
- 3 Large illegal knife and 45 cannabis plants found in police raid
- 4 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 5 College and sixth form's 'gold' rating for 'outstanding' mental health provision
- 6 Photo memories of the late Prince Philip projected onto house
- 7 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered
- 8 City’s first Asian grocery store coming to market place
- 9 Transformation of empty offices into luxury flats well under way
- 10 Our guide to The Library Presents' spring outdoor events series
(Local Campaigners for the Protection of Rural Ely (Ely Wildspace)