Not Reassured By Comments From Cllr Brown Concerning Littleport Play Park
I REFER to the letter from Cllr Francis Brown in last week s edition of the Ely Standard. Who are you kidding Mr Brown. You say only a dozen drug user s needles were found in the Littleport play park, only a dozen! That means 12 needles used by drug tak
I REFER to the letter from Cllr Francis Brown in last week's edition of the Ely Standard.
Who are you kidding Mr Brown. You say "only a dozen" drug user's needles were found in the Littleport play park, only a dozen! That means 12 needles used by drug takers in a children's play park. How pathetic that you consider the issue is one of numbers rather than how or why they were there in the first place or the potential consequences of a young child being injured by one of these needles.
You go on to say that each incident has been reported and that one arrest has been made, but what has the council done to improve safety or reassure potential users of the park? Forgive me for being cynical, but I would hazard a guess that they have done absolutely nothing - apart from correcting a newspaper error.
"We must be vigilant," you say, what good is that if you child is stabbed by a needle and what of the man who has already been injured trying to make the park safe, you didn't even mention him in your letter.
You may also want to watch:
I am a Littleport resident and I for one would not let my grandchildren play at this park. I am not reassured one little bit Mr Brown.
NAME AND ADDRESS SUPPLIED
- 1 Holiday park 'honoured' to host Cambridge Boat Race teams
- 2 Youngsters finally get their wish thanks to new goalposts
- 3 Cambridgeshire mourns death of HRH Prince Philip, The Duke of Edinburgh
- 4 Museum shares historical photos of Ely Market and its royal visitors
- 5 'Lot wrong' but opponents admit concrete plant expansion defeat
- 6 Person hit by train between Cambridge and Ely
- 7 Rats spotted around overflowing bins in Ely
- 8 'Cash strapped' force picks up bill for 120 Boat Race police
- 9 Mum-of-two battling arthritis tackles year-long workout test
- 10 12 exciting new businesses to discover when lockdown restrictions ease