Not All Social Housing Tenants Are Anti-social
AS a tenant of Hereward Housing I feel I must respond to two published letters in the Ely Standard on June 18. The two narrow minded writers, who both withheld their names and addresses, branded all social housing tenants as anti-social. To put the record
AS a tenant of Hereward Housing I feel I must respond to two published letters in the Ely Standard on June 18. The two narrow minded writers, who both withheld their names and addresses, branded all social housing tenants as anti-social. To put the record straight not all tenants are like this. I am a married mother who works in management (locally) with good qualifications. My husband works full time in a good job. My eight year old son is well behaved and attends school regularly and is doing very well.
To be branded as undesirable and anti social, being blamed for people's lack of sleep and depreciation of their property is slanderous.
Due to circumstances, my husband and I have never managed to get on the property ladder and according to the letters published this makes us "scum" for living in social housing. I have lived in Hereward properties for the last 10 years and my neighbours, past and present all work and never cause any trouble.
I am deeply insulted that people not fortunate to have a mortgage are all branded as being responsible for creating the "slums of the future".
You may also want to watch:
Maybe an apology is in order.
- 1 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 2 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside
- 3 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 4 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 5 Cash stolen and till broken in fourth break-in at Co-op store in four months
- 6 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 7 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 8 Superb acting, singing and dancing at KD Theatre musical
- 9 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 10 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online