No vandalism at our park
IN last week s Ely Standard in the story on Page 3 about the proposal of a new skatepark, there was a line at the bottom of the story which said see skatepark vandalism on Page 5 . I want people to know that this will not happen to our skatepark. Since l
IN last week's Ely Standard in the story on Page 3 about the proposal of a new skatepark, there was a line at the bottom of the story which said 'see skatepark vandalism on Page 5'.
I want people to know that this will not happen to our skatepark. Since last week's article, our project has moved on quite a lot. Our first piece of good news was that a local business called Gowing and Hunt agreed to sponsor us. We were then contacted by Stuart Brown regarding setting up a website. Digital Creations had already agreed to do a website, but after a few emails, we agreed that it would lift some pressure from Digital Creations and it would mean Digital could do our printing and posters.
We then received an email from Jo at ACRE who agreed to help us. Gillian Shield, a childminder in Witchford, also agreed to offer her assistance and said she would be treasurer for the committee. She will also help with fund-raising and community projects.
We would like to thank Digital Creations for printing our questionnaires and flyers and also their on-going support for the project.
Our website is now in place, but is it is still under construction. It will have an on-line questionnaire for people to fill in.
We are still looking for help, whether it will be donation, a service, advice or anything else you can think of. We would be happy to receive a donation of any kind even if it is just £20 because every bit helps to move the project forward.
- 1 Car rolled in crash on A14
- 2 Councillor quits as voters get set for two Ely by-elections
- 3 Smoke plume in village near Cambridge thought to be car fire
- 4 Caravan site wants 10 new lodges to cope with demand
- 5 Warwick Davis and daughter Annabelle cut the ribbon at special opening
- 6 MP officially begins new era for major UK supplier
- 7 Have your say on proposed commercial development in Ely
- 8 Stansted Airport and Cambridge trains disrupted after tree falls on tracks
- 9 Insurers to pay for £725,000 house replacement
- 10 Threat to cancel or 'indefinitely pause' £450m Ely rail upgrade
Please help. You can contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org Keeping checking the website at www.youthfacility.co.uk