No Support From Councillors In Littleport
I AM chairman of the trustees of the charity Young People Littleport based on Granby Street. YPL is well known and provides numerous facilities for the whole community and is managed by Phil Malkin and assisted by a dedicated band of enthusiastic voluntee
I AM chairman of the trustees of the charity Young People Littleport based on Granby Street. YPL is well known and provides numerous facilities for the whole community and is managed by Phil Malkin and assisted by a dedicated band of enthusiastic volunteers.
After many years of being constrained by others, Phil wanted to provide more for the young of Littleport so decided to go it alone and with his own money, additional finance from local businesses and the support of the local community founded YPL in July 2007. In January 2009 YPL was awarded charity status.
Despite the tremendous continuing local community support there has been virtually no parish council support. In January 2009, YPL gave an open invitation to all 15 parish councillors to visit the centre and to see for themselves what goes on. Amazingly, to date, only two have visited and shown support.
Do I take it that the other 13 do not support charity work in Littleport or is it that they just cannot be bothered to find out what YPL does for their village.
You may also want to watch:
I wonder if they know that recently YPL has opened a charity shop in Littleport's Main Street named Worn Again, it is stocked with hundreds of donated items including books, clothes and toys etc all on sale for just a few pennies.
YPL has done so many good things for the community of Littleport since July 2007 and it can do so many more if only it had support from the right quarters.
- 1 Tributes paid to school matron who died from Covid-19
- 2 People power brings about changes to £800,000 roundabout scheme
- 3 Student defies challenges of pandemic to achieve first class degree
- 4 Retired GP's death 'avoidable' if cause of severe chest pain was 'more thoroughly investigated'
- 5 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 6 Alcohol shoplifter threatened security staff with large blade
- 7 Health scare inspired slimmer’s incredible 10 stone weight loss
- 8 London man jailed for running drugs line between Cambs and capital
- 9 Driver peers out of Range Rover while trying to cross flooded Welney Wash
- 10 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
Chairman of the Trustees Young People Littleport, Charity No: 1127679