No Support From Councillors In Littleport
I AM chairman of the trustees of the charity Young People Littleport based on Granby Street. YPL is well known and provides numerous facilities for the whole community and is managed by Phil Malkin and assisted by a dedicated band of enthusiastic voluntee
I AM chairman of the trustees of the charity Young People Littleport based on Granby Street. YPL is well known and provides numerous facilities for the whole community and is managed by Phil Malkin and assisted by a dedicated band of enthusiastic volunteers.
After many years of being constrained by others, Phil wanted to provide more for the young of Littleport so decided to go it alone and with his own money, additional finance from local businesses and the support of the local community founded YPL in July 2007. In January 2009 YPL was awarded charity status.
Despite the tremendous continuing local community support there has been virtually no parish council support. In January 2009, YPL gave an open invitation to all 15 parish councillors to visit the centre and to see for themselves what goes on. Amazingly, to date, only two have visited and shown support.
Do I take it that the other 13 do not support charity work in Littleport or is it that they just cannot be bothered to find out what YPL does for their village.
You may also want to watch:
I wonder if they know that recently YPL has opened a charity shop in Littleport's Main Street named Worn Again, it is stocked with hundreds of donated items including books, clothes and toys etc all on sale for just a few pennies.
YPL has done so many good things for the community of Littleport since July 2007 and it can do so many more if only it had support from the right quarters.
- 1 Punch in face leaves man with fractured nose
- 2 Defeated Tory hits out at ‘toxic brand’ and says ‘James Palmer had it coming’
- 3 Boy, 14, to wear electronic tag and obey curfew after admitting harassment
- 4 Letters: No praise for Palmer, litter picker success and neglected roads
- 5 iPads and laptops stolen in school break-in
- 6 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
- 7 Firefighters tackle deliberate barn blaze for more than four hours
- 8 Have your say on Network Rail increasing rail capacity through Ely
- 9 Family 'thrilled' as pair's lockdown locks raise charity cash
- 10 Lib Dem gains in East Cambs send shivers down county Tories spine
Chairman of the Trustees Young People Littleport, Charity No: 1127679