I CONTINUE to be shocked at what the new owner is seemingly able to do at Ely s Roswell Pits without legal actions like stop notices or injunctions being served by the Conservative-controlled East Cambs District Council. As a former district councillor, I
I CONTINUE to be shocked at what the new owner is seemingly able to do at Ely's Roswell Pits without legal actions like stop notices or injunctions being served by the Conservative-controlled East Cambs District Council.
As a former district councillor, I am amazed at the lack of local leadership that the council is taking on securing the public benefit of this site. It would seem the recent election-time message to 'vote blue' actually makes people see red rather than 'go green'.
On enquiring as a county councillor for Ely on the potential for harm to the county-designated Wildlife Site, I'm told by county council staff that this has no protection as such under Acts of Parliament and instead provides for a set of policies that the district council should take into account when considering any planning application; it also seems to rely on the attitude of the owner. That would be the same owner from whom we await a publicly long-promised planning application.
Lib Dem county councillor for Ely S&W
- 1 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 2 Meet the boat hire firm aiming to become perfect 'stress-free' tonic
- 3 Take a look inside £600,000 period home with 'outstanding charm'
- 4 First visit not 'a flying success' but pub deserves second chance
- 5 Sanctuary Housing criticised over empty homes in Ely
- 6 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 7 Cambridge 'knife-wielder' arrested
- 8 Santas learn how to put the Ho Ho Ho into Christmas
- 9 Woman who twice ignored 'no fly tipping' signs faces two fines
- 10 New deadline for £6m crematorium decision