No Monster Munch In Australia And There's No Place Like Home
THANKS so much to all the people who have already agreed to join the Run For Liam group and run the Cancer Research UK 10k in Cambridge on October 18. If you want to join us or run as an individual, go to: www.run10k.org
THANKS so much to all the people who have already agreed to join the Run For Liam group and run the Cancer Research UK 10k in Cambridge on October 18. If you want to join us or run as an individual, go to: www.run10k.org and sign up for the Cambridge event. If you would like to join the Run For Liam group, email me at the address below and let me know if you would like the photograph of Liam for your T-shirt. The race is open to males and females.
My son Aaron and his fianc�e Louise phoned on Friday to let me know they were visiting friends in the area at the weekend and could they come for lunch on Sunday. So they arrived on Sunday morning and were showing me there new video camera when there was a knock on the door. I opened it to find my youngest son Russell, who I thought was still back-packing around Australia, standing on the doorstep. Aaron and Louise hadn't been visiting friends they had been to Heathrow Airport to pick Russell up and wanted to surprise me. I started blabbing and crying in-between telling him he looked too thin, which, much to my embarrassment, was all captured on video. It's great to have him home, even though 20 minutes after he arrived the house looked like a bomb had hit it! A trail of dirty clothes, books, and mobile phone paraphernalia was littering every single room in the house in seconds of him dumping his bags. How do they do that?
Even though I am a bit out of practice, I sprang into supermum mode and immediately started trying to wrestle dirty washing from his rucksack so that I could put a wash on because it was a "good drying day".
His aunty asked him later if there was any food he had missed that he couldn't get in Australia and although he should have taken the opportunity to say "mum's home cooking" he replied "pickled onion Monster Munch".
You may also want to watch:
Anyway, it's great to have him home, and yes, before you ask, I did rush straight out to the shops and stock up on pickle onion Monster Munch!
- 1 Jail for bank card fraudster caught on CCTV
- 2 'Dedicated' PCSO retires after 12 years amid force funding cuts
- 3 Prosecution threat against businesses found not to be Covid-19 secure
- 4 Man who died in road crash is named
- 5 Woman to travel 100km in her wheelchair to fundraise for autism charity
- 6 ‘Beloved’ primary school headteacher leaving after 16 years in Soham
- 7 You can now watch Ely Cathedral’s rare Peregrine Falcons live 24/7
- 8 Volunteer group's Covid-closure after raising £70,000 in 30 years
- 9 Community pharmacy teams to offer free Covid-19 test kits
- 10 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered