No comments from councillors about East Cambs Council hiring others to make decisions.
I REFER to the recent topic concerning the accusation that East Cambridgeshire District Council is wasting council tax payers’ money by contracting others to make its decisions for it.
I note that although there have been comments from readers, myself included, explanations or justifications from councillors or officials have been conspicuous by their absence. Nothing surprising here.
What I do find puzzling is that last week the names were announced, of those standing as candidates in the forthcoming by-election and to the best of my knowledge, not one of them has had a comment to make on this subject.
We all know that hubris sets in after election but you would have thought that at least one of them would have had something to say on the subject, if only to give potential voters some idea of where they stand on the matter.
I foresee a very low turnout on polling day.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Eight page enforcement notice wrapped round giant cuppa
- 2 Fire crews called to stables building blaze
- 3 'Support this local attraction,’ MP urges on museum visit
- 4 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 5 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside
- 6 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 7 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 8 Caught on camera: milk thieves strike in the city
- 9 Ely Museum team member retires after 16 years' service
- 10 9 hidden gems of East Anglia by rail from Cambridgeshire