No celebratory decorations in Ely city centre? Shame on shopkeepers, East Cambs Council and Ely City Council
WHERE was the civic pride and patriotism of the bulk of Ely’s shopkeepers?
With a very few notable exceptions, where were the windows to celebrate the Queen’s Jubilee?
Equally, apart from some miserable bunting in the Market Place, where was the celebratory bunting in High Street and Market Street?
We may have rotten governments and politicians but as a nation we are more than blessed with an outstanding head of state in the Queen, who has served our country throughout the last 60 years.
This should be a matter of not just national but exceptional local celebration.
You may also want to watch:
Shame on the shopkeepers of Ely, shame on Ely City Council and shame on East Cambs District Council.
- 1 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 2 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 3 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 4 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 5 Outcry over new road which will pass through woodland
- 6 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 7 COLUMN: 'Expansion' the future for Ely rowing club
- 8 Elections 2021: What will happen when you cast your vote
- 9 Fears for historic vicarage council fought to save
- 10 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments