No celebratory decorations in Ely city centre? Shame on shopkeepers, East Cambs Council and Ely City Council
WHERE was the civic pride and patriotism of the bulk of Ely’s shopkeepers?
With a very few notable exceptions, where were the windows to celebrate the Queen’s Jubilee?
Equally, apart from some miserable bunting in the Market Place, where was the celebratory bunting in High Street and Market Street?
We may have rotten governments and politicians but as a nation we are more than blessed with an outstanding head of state in the Queen, who has served our country throughout the last 60 years.
This should be a matter of not just national but exceptional local celebration.
Shame on the shopkeepers of Ely, shame on Ely City Council and shame on East Cambs District Council.
- 1 Councils bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 2 OPINION: Soham Station fiasco about to come to a conclusion, or is it?
- 3 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 4 Village life, magistrate in court for failing to clear snow and forced landing
- 5 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 6 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 7 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 8 Auditor who fell ill on eve of farmgate report not returning to council
- 9 Check before you travel ahead of major upgrade, commuters warned
- 10 1,800 enjoy free Christmas day out at Ely’s ‘hidden gem’