No celebratory decorations in Ely city centre? Shame on shopkeepers, East Cambs Council and Ely City Council
WHERE was the civic pride and patriotism of the bulk of Ely’s shopkeepers?
With a very few notable exceptions, where were the windows to celebrate the Queen’s Jubilee?
Equally, apart from some miserable bunting in the Market Place, where was the celebratory bunting in High Street and Market Street?
We may have rotten governments and politicians but as a nation we are more than blessed with an outstanding head of state in the Queen, who has served our country throughout the last 60 years.
This should be a matter of not just national but exceptional local celebration.
You may also want to watch:
Shame on the shopkeepers of Ely, shame on Ely City Council and shame on East Cambs District Council.
- 1 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 2 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 3 Village’s community Co-op will open next month after New Year delays
- 4 Retirement complex proposals encounter a sticky situation
- 5 NHS worker breaks ribs, ankle and fractures leg in four car pile-up
- 6 Car hits A14 barrier near Newmarket
- 7 Housing first battleground in mayor elections for Cambridgeshire
- 8 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 9 Viewers react to 'brilliant' 24 Hours in Police Custody: Black Widow
- 10 Dad of two killed on Fen road