No celebratory decorations in Ely city centre? Shame on shopkeepers, East Cambs Council and Ely City Council
WHERE was the civic pride and patriotism of the bulk of Ely’s shopkeepers?
With a very few notable exceptions, where were the windows to celebrate the Queen’s Jubilee?
Equally, apart from some miserable bunting in the Market Place, where was the celebratory bunting in High Street and Market Street?
We may have rotten governments and politicians but as a nation we are more than blessed with an outstanding head of state in the Queen, who has served our country throughout the last 60 years.
This should be a matter of not just national but exceptional local celebration.
You may also want to watch:
Shame on the shopkeepers of Ely, shame on Ely City Council and shame on East Cambs District Council.
- 1 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 2 'Panicked' dangerous driver apologised after 90mph police pursuit
- 3 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 4 'We have a duty to follow planning policies': Council's firm stance over pub's giant mug
- 5 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 6 Power boats thrill crowds at river races
- 7 First homes approved for Waterbeach Barracks
- 8 Health chief’s stark warning: ‘The virus doesn’t care we changed the rules’
- 9 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 10 SAS ‘original’ Reg Seekings to feature in book