No Bypass Likely Unless The Council Fights
IN reply to the letter from Malcolm Boughen, I support him all the way, but you see Mr Boughen we have councillors in Ely and it seems that all they can do is fight amongst themselves. What we need is a council who will talk to each other, stand together
IN reply to the letter from Malcolm Boughen, I support him all the way, but you see Mr Boughen we have councillors in Ely and it seems that all they can do is fight amongst themselves. What we need is a council who will talk to each other, stand together and fight for Ely on the big issues. We need to tell the Government of the day in no uncertain terms that this bypass is urgently needed and if we did not get it there would be no money to central Government until it was funded. But it seems our councillors from all the parties would rather be at logger heads with each other and get nowhere. Look at the Ely markets issue with everyone squabbling at the meeting.
It seems they would rather spend another � 250,000 on stopping Mereham, instead of kicking the Government to give us a badly needed bypass. There is an old saying in this world 'he who shouts the longest and loudest gets things done', but sorry Mr Boughen we are not going to get that bypass until we have a council that will fight together.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 2 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 3 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 4 SAS ‘original’ Reg Seekings to feature in book
- 5 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 6 Town rallies in fight for new hospital
- 7 Power boats thrill crowds at river races
- 8 'Panicked' dangerous driver apologised after 90mph police pursuit
- 9 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 10 Post-Latitude covid has made me realise pandemic has a long way to go