No Bypass Likely Unless The Council Fights
IN reply to the letter from Malcolm Boughen, I support him all the way, but you see Mr Boughen we have councillors in Ely and it seems that all they can do is fight amongst themselves. What we need is a council who will talk to each other, stand together
IN reply to the letter from Malcolm Boughen, I support him all the way, but you see Mr Boughen we have councillors in Ely and it seems that all they can do is fight amongst themselves. What we need is a council who will talk to each other, stand together and fight for Ely on the big issues. We need to tell the Government of the day in no uncertain terms that this bypass is urgently needed and if we did not get it there would be no money to central Government until it was funded. But it seems our councillors from all the parties would rather be at logger heads with each other and get nowhere. Look at the Ely markets issue with everyone squabbling at the meeting.
It seems they would rather spend another � 250,000 on stopping Mereham, instead of kicking the Government to give us a badly needed bypass. There is an old saying in this world 'he who shouts the longest and loudest gets things done', but sorry Mr Boughen we are not going to get that bypass until we have a council that will fight together.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'Dedicated' PCSO retires after 12 years amid force funding cuts
- 2 Jail for bank card fraudster caught on CCTV
- 3 Prosecution threat against businesses found not to be Covid-19 secure
- 4 You can now watch Ely Cathedral’s rare Peregrine Falcons live 24/7
- 5 Man who died in road crash is named
- 6 Woman to travel 100km in her wheelchair to fundraise for autism charity
- 7 Outcry over new road which will pass through woodland
- 8 ‘Beloved’ primary school headteacher leaving after 16 years in Soham
- 9 Volunteer group's Covid-closure after raising £70,000 in 30 years
- 10 Letters: How could we afford 120 police officers for boat race?