New Bus Service Means Routes Have Disappeared
I AM writing in regard to recent changes in bus services in and around Ely. The Weekly Mega Rider ticket (�11.50) only applies to villages within a certain mile radius, for everyone else who lives outside this area you have to buy a Mega Rider Plus. The
I AM writing in regard to recent changes in bus services in and around Ely.
The Weekly Mega Rider ticket (�11.50) only applies to villages within a certain mile radius, for everyone else who lives outside this area you have to buy a Mega Rider Plus. The price went up on Sunday and it now costs �20.50 per week. For those who work in Ely and live in Soham, the last bus used to be at 6.30pm and that has now been axed since so the very last bus back from Ely to Soham is now at 5.35pm. This is totally unacceptable, especially for those people whose working day doesn't finish until 6pm, or even 5.30pm (no-one ever gets out of work exactly on time). The 6.30pm bus always had loads of people on it so I cannot understand why this was axed. To top it all off, bus fares have now gone up and important bus routes have disappeared. The bus companies get billions of pounds each year in Government subsidies, yet they offer a disgraceful service to their customers.
We all keep seeing and hearing Governments urging us to reduce our carbon footprint by trying to use our cars five miles less per week, well now that Stagecoach have axed a number of services we now have to use our car 28 miles more each week to go from Soham to Ely to pick up our daughter from work because there is now no bus service from Ely after 5.35pm.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered
- 2 City’s first Asian grocery store coming to market place
- 3 Fire crews tackling woodland blaze carried pump and equipment 200 metres
- 4 Popular food delivery service Deliveroo launches in city this week
- 5 Throwback to places and faces of Ely's past
- 6 Transformation of empty offices into luxury flats well under way
- 7 Restaurant launches bright pink ‘selfie areas’ ahead of reopening
- 8 Jail for man caught carrying meat cleaver in public after missing tools argument
- 9 Residents ‘left without a voice’ over anti-social car park behaviour
- 10 Person hit by train between Cambridge and Ely