New Bus Service Means Routes Have Disappeared
I AM writing in regard to recent changes in bus services in and around Ely. The Weekly Mega Rider ticket (�11.50) only applies to villages within a certain mile radius, for everyone else who lives outside this area you have to buy a Mega Rider Plus. The
I AM writing in regard to recent changes in bus services in and around Ely.
The Weekly Mega Rider ticket (�11.50) only applies to villages within a certain mile radius, for everyone else who lives outside this area you have to buy a Mega Rider Plus. The price went up on Sunday and it now costs �20.50 per week. For those who work in Ely and live in Soham, the last bus used to be at 6.30pm and that has now been axed since so the very last bus back from Ely to Soham is now at 5.35pm. This is totally unacceptable, especially for those people whose working day doesn't finish until 6pm, or even 5.30pm (no-one ever gets out of work exactly on time). The 6.30pm bus always had loads of people on it so I cannot understand why this was axed. To top it all off, bus fares have now gone up and important bus routes have disappeared. The bus companies get billions of pounds each year in Government subsidies, yet they offer a disgraceful service to their customers.
We all keep seeing and hearing Governments urging us to reduce our carbon footprint by trying to use our cars five miles less per week, well now that Stagecoach have axed a number of services we now have to use our car 28 miles more each week to go from Soham to Ely to pick up our daughter from work because there is now no bus service from Ely after 5.35pm.
- 1 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 2 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 3 Village life, magistrate in court for failing to clear snow and forced landing
- 4 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 5 Auditor who fell ill on eve of farmgate report not returning to council
- 6 New shop already 'exceeded expectations' after strong opening day
- 7 Big Christmas lights switch-on arrives
- 8 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall
- 9 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 10 Pedestrian killed crossing road