New Bus Service Means Routes Have Disappeared
I AM writing in regard to recent changes in bus services in and around Ely. The Weekly Mega Rider ticket (�11.50) only applies to villages within a certain mile radius, for everyone else who lives outside this area you have to buy a Mega Rider Plus. The
I AM writing in regard to recent changes in bus services in and around Ely.
The Weekly Mega Rider ticket (�11.50) only applies to villages within a certain mile radius, for everyone else who lives outside this area you have to buy a Mega Rider Plus. The price went up on Sunday and it now costs �20.50 per week. For those who work in Ely and live in Soham, the last bus used to be at 6.30pm and that has now been axed since so the very last bus back from Ely to Soham is now at 5.35pm. This is totally unacceptable, especially for those people whose working day doesn't finish until 6pm, or even 5.30pm (no-one ever gets out of work exactly on time). The 6.30pm bus always had loads of people on it so I cannot understand why this was axed. To top it all off, bus fares have now gone up and important bus routes have disappeared. The bus companies get billions of pounds each year in Government subsidies, yet they offer a disgraceful service to their customers.
We all keep seeing and hearing Governments urging us to reduce our carbon footprint by trying to use our cars five miles less per week, well now that Stagecoach have axed a number of services we now have to use our car 28 miles more each week to go from Soham to Ely to pick up our daughter from work because there is now no bus service from Ely after 5.35pm.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 2 Hundreds sign petition in support of pub's cup of positivi-tea
- 3 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 4 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 5 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 6 Fire crews called to stables building blaze
- 7 Photographer Dan flies high after winning national competition
- 8 Handcuffed duo prepare to make London Marathon history
- 9 What are the outstanding and good schools in Cambridgeshire?
- 10 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named