Needing or wanting an extra recycling bin does not make someone a snob
Regarding last week’s letter addressed ‘name and address supplied’ headlined ‘Make snobs pay’.
Can the author specify what he/she means by snobs?
I live in a house with four working adults and we have all paid into the system but all we are allowed is one recycling bin per fortnight - does that class our household as snobs?
We as a household pay more than our share of council tax and even though we haven’t claimed for an extra wheelie bin we should be entitled as all four of us in our household contribute.
We have worked for what we are entitled to - and if that should be an extra wheelie bin, we are entitled to it - and we are not snobs.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 2 'Panicked' dangerous driver apologised after 90mph police pursuit
- 3 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 4 'We have a duty to follow planning policies': Council's firm stance over pub's giant mug
- 5 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 6 Power boats thrill crowds at river races
- 7 First homes approved for Waterbeach Barracks
- 8 Health chief’s stark warning: ‘The virus doesn’t care we changed the rules’
- 9 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 10 SAS ‘original’ Reg Seekings to feature in book