Needing or wanting an extra recycling bin does not make someone a snob
Regarding last week’s letter addressed ‘name and address supplied’ headlined ‘Make snobs pay’.
Can the author specify what he/she means by snobs?
I live in a house with four working adults and we have all paid into the system but all we are allowed is one recycling bin per fortnight - does that class our household as snobs?
We as a household pay more than our share of council tax and even though we haven’t claimed for an extra wheelie bin we should be entitled as all four of us in our household contribute.
We have worked for what we are entitled to - and if that should be an extra wheelie bin, we are entitled to it - and we are not snobs.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Outcry over new road which will pass through woodland
- 2 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 3 Tyler Goodjohn ready to enter lion's den in world title bid
- 4 You can now watch Ely Cathedral’s rare Peregrine Falcons live 24/7
- 5 'Dedicated' PCSO retires after 12 years amid force funding cuts
- 6 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 7 Motorcycle firm gearing up to show off lockdown project
- 8 Letters: How could we afford 120 police officers for boat race?
- 9 Government plans at-home tablet to 'stop the virus in its tracks'
- 10 COLUMN: 'Expansion' the future for Ely rowing club