Needing or wanting an extra recycling bin does not make someone a snob
Regarding last week’s letter addressed ‘name and address supplied’ headlined ‘Make snobs pay’.
Can the author specify what he/she means by snobs?
I live in a house with four working adults and we have all paid into the system but all we are allowed is one recycling bin per fortnight - does that class our household as snobs?
We as a household pay more than our share of council tax and even though we haven’t claimed for an extra wheelie bin we should be entitled as all four of us in our household contribute.
We have worked for what we are entitled to - and if that should be an extra wheelie bin, we are entitled to it - and we are not snobs.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 2 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 3 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 4 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 5 Company ‘paralysed by Brexit’ forced to open warehouse in Holland
- 6 Burglar who was spared by judge stole from woman three days later
- 7 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 8 New youth centre could be built in Littleport
- 9 Environment Agency seize 52 illegal fishing devices from region’s rivers
- 10 Care home still 'requires improvement'