Mysterious exploits of the lay-by man
READING Geoff Griggs article last week regarding the lay-by man , I think he must be the same chap who has been at work on Witchford Road in Ely. One minute we have bollards and the next thing they ve gone – only to reappear further down the road. He s
READING Geoff Griggs' article last week regarding the 'lay-by man', I think he must be the same chap who has been at work on Witchford Road in Ely. One minute we have bollards and the next thing they've gone - only to reappear further down the road.
He's even shrunk our bollards, which was nice of him. He doesn't care about cost just as long as we're happy. I think he may be the same chap who organised the nice new flashing 30 mph signs. Pity it's a 40 mph speed limit.
Don't change the signs, it's cheaper to change the speed limit - I think!
I reckon Geoff, that this chap deserves a medal, or perhaps he's got one.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered
- 2 City’s first Asian grocery store coming to market place
- 3 Fire crews tackling woodland blaze carried pump and equipment 200 metres
- 4 Popular food delivery service Deliveroo launches in city this week
- 5 Transformation of empty offices into luxury flats well under way
- 6 Throwback to places and faces of Ely's past
- 7 Restaurant launches bright pink ‘selfie areas’ ahead of reopening
- 8 Jail for man caught carrying meat cleaver in public after missing tools argument
- 9 Person hit by train between Cambridge and Ely
- 10 Residents ‘left without a voice’ over anti-social car park behaviour