Mysterious exploits of the lay-by man
READING Geoff Griggs article last week regarding the lay-by man , I think he must be the same chap who has been at work on Witchford Road in Ely. One minute we have bollards and the next thing they ve gone – only to reappear further down the road. He s
READING Geoff Griggs' article last week regarding the 'lay-by man', I think he must be the same chap who has been at work on Witchford Road in Ely. One minute we have bollards and the next thing they've gone - only to reappear further down the road.
He's even shrunk our bollards, which was nice of him. He doesn't care about cost just as long as we're happy. I think he may be the same chap who organised the nice new flashing 30 mph signs. Pity it's a 40 mph speed limit.
Don't change the signs, it's cheaper to change the speed limit - I think!
I reckon Geoff, that this chap deserves a medal, or perhaps he's got one.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 2 30 East Cambs candidates compete for 8 Cambridgshire County council seats
- 3 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack
- 4 Ely named the UK’s most baby-friendly location
- 5 Farm shop receives 'overwhelming' response ahead of opening
- 6 Nostalgic throwback to places and faces of Ely's past
- 7 Second World War and SAS hero remembered with new street signs
- 8 Ely man caught after nine months on the run from Suffolk prison
- 9 Slimmer launches weight loss group after losing three stone
- 10 National Trust reveal theft of 'historic items' and damage to Wimpole Hall