Mysterious exploits of the lay-by man
READING Geoff Griggs article last week regarding the lay-by man , I think he must be the same chap who has been at work on Witchford Road in Ely. One minute we have bollards and the next thing they ve gone – only to reappear further down the road. He s
READING Geoff Griggs' article last week regarding the 'lay-by man', I think he must be the same chap who has been at work on Witchford Road in Ely. One minute we have bollards and the next thing they've gone - only to reappear further down the road.
He's even shrunk our bollards, which was nice of him. He doesn't care about cost just as long as we're happy. I think he may be the same chap who organised the nice new flashing 30 mph signs. Pity it's a 40 mph speed limit.
Don't change the signs, it's cheaper to change the speed limit - I think!
I reckon Geoff, that this chap deserves a medal, or perhaps he's got one.
- 1 Smoke plume in village near Cambridge thought to be car fire
- 2 Cambridgeshire man kicked and headbutted police officers
- 3 Have your say on proposed commercial development in Ely
- 4 Warwick Davis and daughter Annabelle cut the ribbon at special opening
- 5 Casualty treated for smoke inhalation following house fire
- 6 Stansted Airport and Cambridge trains disrupted after tree falls on tracks
- 7 Threat to cancel or 'indefinitely pause' £450m Ely rail upgrade
- 8 IN PICTURES: Wills and Kate visit Cambridgeshire's first County Day
- 9 Duke and Duchess of Cambridge arrive in Newmarket for Cambs County Day
- 10 Development plans submitted for next phase of Cambridge North