Mysterious exploits of the lay-by man
READING Geoff Griggs article last week regarding the lay-by man , I think he must be the same chap who has been at work on Witchford Road in Ely. One minute we have bollards and the next thing they ve gone – only to reappear further down the road. He s
READING Geoff Griggs' article last week regarding the 'lay-by man', I think he must be the same chap who has been at work on Witchford Road in Ely. One minute we have bollards and the next thing they've gone - only to reappear further down the road.
He's even shrunk our bollards, which was nice of him. He doesn't care about cost just as long as we're happy. I think he may be the same chap who organised the nice new flashing 30 mph signs. Pity it's a 40 mph speed limit.
Don't change the signs, it's cheaper to change the speed limit - I think!
I reckon Geoff, that this chap deserves a medal, or perhaps he's got one.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 2 Hundreds sign petition in support of pub's cup of positivi-tea
- 3 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 4 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 5 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 6 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 7 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 8 10-year-old's sponsored hair cut for Little Princess Trust
- 9 Handcuffed duo prepare to make London Marathon history
- 10 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack