My Vision For Soham
AS a long term resident of Soham, with its interests at heart, I seem to be reading a lot about the Soham Vision in the local press. I think what is badly needed here is a new club catering for people s needs (all ages). I often think it would be very
AS a long term resident of Soham, with its interests at heart, I seem to be reading a lot about the 'Soham Vision' in the local press. I think what is badly needed here is a new 'club' catering for people's needs (all ages).
I often think it would be very nice to get a cinema here, probably showing a weekly film on a Friday or Saturday evening. Also, what about a monthly dance, country and western for example.
Just look at Hiams in Prickwillow. They could show us a thing or two. Teenagers and young people would benefit from a new club.
I think the old Bypass Motel could be turned into an excellent facility for Soham people. There are a lot of people here who have no interest in pubs or the sports centre. You don't always need licensed premises to get things going. I think that what is needed here is a working party made up of interested people who can look into fresh ideas, maybe lottery and council grants etc.
You may also want to watch:
People here don't always have to get into their cars to go to Cambridge, Bury St Edmunds, Newmarket and so on for their entertainment when a lot could be done on their own doorstep. That is my 'Soham Vision'. What do other readers think?
JULIAN (JOE) KINNEAR
- 1 Councillors praised for 'tireless' illegal encampment work
- 2 Club shuts its doors after illegal encampment spotted
- 3 20 travelling families park illegally at rugby club
- 4 Former deputy mayor wants to move Newmarket to Cambridgeshire
- 5 East Cambs could be getting five new walking routes
- 6 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 7 Glamping site granted drinks licence despite neighbours' protests
- 8 Round one to High Flyer after highways gives thumbs up to giant mug
- 9 Leader’s reminder of human cost of £100k homes fall-out
- 10 Annual classic car show returns to Ely