My Vision For Soham
AS a long term resident of Soham, with its interests at heart, I seem to be reading a lot about the Soham Vision in the local press. I think what is badly needed here is a new club catering for people s needs (all ages). I often think it would be very
AS a long term resident of Soham, with its interests at heart, I seem to be reading a lot about the 'Soham Vision' in the local press. I think what is badly needed here is a new 'club' catering for people's needs (all ages).
I often think it would be very nice to get a cinema here, probably showing a weekly film on a Friday or Saturday evening. Also, what about a monthly dance, country and western for example.
Just look at Hiams in Prickwillow. They could show us a thing or two. Teenagers and young people would benefit from a new club.
I think the old Bypass Motel could be turned into an excellent facility for Soham people. There are a lot of people here who have no interest in pubs or the sports centre. You don't always need licensed premises to get things going. I think that what is needed here is a working party made up of interested people who can look into fresh ideas, maybe lottery and council grants etc.
People here don't always have to get into their cars to go to Cambridge, Bury St Edmunds, Newmarket and so on for their entertainment when a lot could be done on their own doorstep. That is my 'Soham Vision'. What do other readers think?
JULIAN (JOE) KINNEAR
- 1 Councils bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 2 OPINION: Soham Station fiasco about to come to a conclusion, or is it?
- 3 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 4 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 5 Village life, magistrate in court for failing to clear snow and forced landing
- 6 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 7 Auditor who fell ill on eve of farmgate report not returning to council
- 8 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 9 Check before you travel ahead of major upgrade, commuters warned
- 10 1,800 enjoy free Christmas day out at Ely’s ‘hidden gem’