My Vision For Soham
AS a long term resident of Soham, with its interests at heart, I seem to be reading a lot about the Soham Vision in the local press. I think what is badly needed here is a new club catering for people s needs (all ages). I often think it would be very
AS a long term resident of Soham, with its interests at heart, I seem to be reading a lot about the 'Soham Vision' in the local press. I think what is badly needed here is a new 'club' catering for people's needs (all ages).
I often think it would be very nice to get a cinema here, probably showing a weekly film on a Friday or Saturday evening. Also, what about a monthly dance, country and western for example.
Just look at Hiams in Prickwillow. They could show us a thing or two. Teenagers and young people would benefit from a new club.
I think the old Bypass Motel could be turned into an excellent facility for Soham people. There are a lot of people here who have no interest in pubs or the sports centre. You don't always need licensed premises to get things going. I think that what is needed here is a working party made up of interested people who can look into fresh ideas, maybe lottery and council grants etc.
You may also want to watch:
People here don't always have to get into their cars to go to Cambridge, Bury St Edmunds, Newmarket and so on for their entertainment when a lot could be done on their own doorstep. That is my 'Soham Vision'. What do other readers think?
JULIAN (JOE) KINNEAR
- 1 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 2 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 3 Car hits A14 barrier near Newmarket
- 4 NHS worker breaks ribs, ankle and fractures leg in four car pile-up
- 5 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 6 Retirement complex proposals encounter a sticky situation
- 7 Housing first battleground in mayor elections for Cambridgeshire
- 8 Win vouchers to spend at supermarket
- 9 Village’s community Co-op will open next month after New Year delays
- 10 Potamogeton Trichoides has the last word on £6.5m Mepal crematorium