Mum of Six wins Standard’s trolley dash
“I was a bit nervous. It was more difficult than I imagined to run around with a trolley and grab things and I didn’t realise how unfit I was.”
MUM-of-six Alison Colledge made it a “nappy new year” – thanks to the Ely Standard and her local Anglia Co-operative foodstore.
Mrs Colledge scooped a two-minute trolley dash at the Wisbech Road, Littleport, store in a recent Standard competition – and bagged more than �158-worth of goods.
Alison, of The Holmes in Littleport, said: “Having six children I made a bee-line for nappies and things like baby milk so that I could stock up on items that would save us a few pennies.
“I was a bit nervous. It was more difficult than I imagined to run around with a trolley and grab things and I didn’t realise how unfit I was.
You may also want to watch:
“But it was all fun and I was pleased with the way it went.”
Alison, who has children aged 9, 8, 5, twins aged 3, and a one-year-old, was given moral support by her husband, Neil.
- 1 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 2 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 3 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 4 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 5 SAS ‘original’ Reg Seekings to feature in book
- 6 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 7 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 8 Town rallies in fight for new hospital
- 9 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 10 ‘Distressed cries’ of beagles fuel animal research unit protest
She said: “I shop at the store nearly every day, so I know my way around!”